Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

$119.95, it looks like. Pretty sure I remember them being about $120 for the highs and $110 for the mids.

Also, ouch at missing those for $165 shipped. Would've had to have jumped on that if I'd seen it when they were available lol.
You 9.5 too or just for collection purposes?

No Maestro Flight thread right? Scooped up this DS pair from 2004 for $100. I had the reverse White with black swoosh back in the day.
IMG_5941.jpeg

No Maestro Flight thread right? Scooped up this DS pair from 2004 for $100. I had the reverse White with black swoosh back in the day.
IMG_5941.jpeg
I like the Maestro 2, but after Kith Frankenstein’d them, I’ve seen enough. I’ve been waiting on the 1s for so long it’s irritating. Would like to retire these for good at some point.
IMG_0576_Original.jpeg

Regardless, it’s still good to see people appreciate Maestro 2s.

I like the Maestro 2, but after Kith Frankenstein’d them, I’ve seen enough. I’ve been waiting on the 1s for so long it’s irritating. Would like to retire these for good at some point.
IMG_0576_Original.jpeg

Regardless, it’s still good to see people appreciate Maestro 2s.
Sheesh those are too good. We def need a retro. I really like that adjustable strap piece, was it pretty functional? And I 100% agree on those kith joints, those are awful with all the zippers and faux footscape diagonal lacing lol

Possibly the original Sonic Flight.

No frills. To me this is why not only was this a great time for sneakers, but also basketball in general. The NBA guys I watched growing up (Dr. J, Gervin, etc…..) had sneakers that had just rubber and leather/canvas. The greatest advance back then was the AJ1. There’s not a player today that would dare step on the court with a shoe made of leather and rubber only.

Last edited:

No frills. To me this is why not only was this a great time for sneakers, but also basketball in general. The NBA guys I watched growing up (Dr. J, Gervin, etc…..) had sneakers that had just rubber and leather/canvas. The greatest advance back then was the AJ1. There’s not a player today that would dare step on the court with a shoe made of leather and rubber only.
The use of polyurethane, EVA and other foams as a midsole was, in my opinion, what made the diference. That was before the Air-sole unit by Nike. The Air Force I was launched before the Air Jordan I, too.

Got these for $30 in 2021. Don’t know the exact name of these Flights but the puffy tongue 👌

2024-06-01 22:23:16.816.jpeg

Definitely in the the Sonic Flight family, just can't remember which number haha. There were a couple of "takedown" Flight models in there that were built to look like the Flight Lite/Solo Flight/Maestro. I remember seeing the Sabre Flight Low and it being an obvious Flight Light knockoff. Had the same lines, but was made of leather instead of Durabuck and at that point, that was the kiss of death for me haha. Black leather looked "cheap" to me. Now, I'd LOVE to have a pair of those black/white Sabre Flights. The highs were a Flight Lite/Solo Flight mashup.

Screenshot_20240602-131026.png
Screenshot_20240602-130932.png
Screenshot_20240602-130357.png
Screenshot_20240602-130537.png

The use of polyurethane, EVA and other foams as a midsole was, in my opinion, what made the diference. That was before the Air-sole unit by Nike. The Air Force I was launched before the Air Jordan I, too.
Yes, the AF1, good catch. Just kept thinking about the original Blazer, before the AF1, AJ1, Terminator and Dunks came out. The Terminator is the first sneaker I remember actually playing in and I loved them. All of my idols growing up wore sneakers with the materials mentioned. But those advances in tech, relegated these basic setups to budget/takedown models over time.

I guess times have changed so much that rarely do I see a kid in the AAU/HS/MS ranks wear an Air Precision, Air Max Impact, or the Air Elevate. I had a pair of these and I remember wanting those Sonic Flights in black and white more than the Bounds. Kid I was guarding had em and he made them look fresh as hell.
IMG_1600.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom