***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Among those technologies was the popularization of the radio, the birth of mass communication and propaganda, and the lack of policy guard rails when it came to broadcasters and their duty to the truth.

Now, let's look at the cellphone, the rise of social media platforms, the inability of our legislators to comprehend this new medium and protect against the potential for mis/disinformation.

We're not in good shape here.

I thought Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules would find this funny too...
I didn't see it, I only check the thread every now and then.

Are you calling Israel an extension of the US empire? They're not exactly jumping when Biden says "jump." In fact, they're sitting down and asking us what we're going to do about it. They ****ed up our normalization process with Iran (the nuclear deal) and killed our citizens without triggering diplomatic incidents.
That's not the behavior of a vassal state.

Regarding the Columbia protests:

I really liked this comment because it encapsulates why protest movements need strong leadership. Liberation movements get co-opted ALL the time, and it's very important be able to close ranks and self-police BEFORE the police and fact spinners show up. It is just as important to understand the limits of free speech and the consequences of going beyond what's allowed during a protest.

People want to emulate the civil rights and anti-apartheid movements without realizing that they were extremely well disciplined movements whose members were aware of the lines of no-return and were coached on how not to cross them.

Israel gets that latitude because Christian Zionists who hold disproportionate power at the federal level give them that latitude.

And are we really going to take Biden’s public statements at face value? How much can one privately “fume” until they cut off the aid that makes the Gaza genocide possible (or at least, it keeps Israeli casualties at a low enough level to make the genocide in Gaza politically feasible).

Also keep in mind, vassal =/= puppet state. France is a vassal state, Canada is a vassal state, Turkey is a vassal state, Germany is a vassal state. They all are sovereign but they are all under the petro-dollar imperium’s protection.

Each relationship is unique in terms of what is exchanged but it’s a stretch IMO to talk about Israel like it’s some rogue, hermit kingdom like North Korea.

man i hope there is ceasefire soon
LA's mayor was in DC i believe and is flying back to LA to hopefully find a solution the protests on the LA campus's are getting out of hand

Anything short of cutting off aid and forcing unfettered flow of international aid into Gaza is not going to diffuse this situation here in the US.

Tf is left wing fascism?

Yeah it’s nuts watching liberals take a pro “war” stance lately but we can’t even really call it a war.

Fund Ukraine, cool understandable

Fund Israel/give weapons to Israel to do the same thing Russia is doing to Ukraine, also cool?

What kind of sick game is this. I mean I get it protect MIC at all costs but when does it stop?

Israel gets that latitude because Christian Zionists who hold disproportionate power at the federal level give them that latitude.

And are we really going to take Biden’s public statements at face value? How much can one privately “fume” until they cut off the aid that makes the Gaza genocide possible (or at least, it keeps Israeli casualties at a low enough level to make the genocide in Gaza politically feasible).

Also keep in mind, vassal =/= puppet state. France is a vassal state, Canada is a vassal state, Turkey is a vassal state, Germany is a vassal state. They all are sovereign but they are all under the petro-dollar imperium’s protection.

Each relationship is unique in terms of what is exchanged but it’s a stretch IMO to talk about Israel like it’s some rogue, hermit kingdom like North Korea.

Anything short of cutting off aid and forcing unfettered flow of international aid into Gaza is not going to diffuse this situation here in the US.

You hit it on the head regarding Israel as a geopolitical/military outpost for the U.S. of A.

Not sure this tweet was shared on here in last few posts, but great insight into how the U.S. is working behind the scenes and analysis on their next steps;

The full article version of this post: https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2024-04-30/israel-us-plan-gaza/

Back
Top Bottom