The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

He made 17/19 FTs, to score 50 points in a closeout game 6 of the NBA FINALS

This was like 36 months ago bro…cmon :lol:

But you can agree this man has peaked since then right? Look I am a huge Giannis fan and this is/was an incredible series. I just thought his trajectory after this finals would be different. Bucks haven't done nada the past 3 seasons. I really feel like his shooting as gotten worse tbh.

But you can agree this man has peaked since then right? Look I am a huge Giannis fan and this is/was an incredible series. I just thought his trajectory after this finals would be different. Bucks haven't done nada the past 3 seasons. I really feel like his shooting as gotten worse tbh.

My *****, if you score 50….in a game 6 finals, and hit 17/19 FTS to close out the game….

You good money :lol:. 99% of nba players NEVER reach that “peak”. Not to mention he’s been a DPOY, 2x mvp and avg like 31-10-6 for half a decade :lol:

Step back for a minute dawg. Look at the full picture. You just having hot takes all over the place

My *****, if you score 50….in a game 6 finals, and hit 17/19 FTS to close out the game….

You good money :lol:. 99% of nba players NEVER reach that “peak”. Not to mention he’s been a DPOY, 2x mvp and avg like 31-10-6 for half a decade :lol:

Step back for a minute dawg. Look at the full picture. You just having hot takes all over the place
Bro that was 3 years ago. What about recently? Nothing about that is a hot take. Bro lost to a young Celtics team the next year, cant even remember what happened last season and this season failed even after adding a HOF player and got a coach fired. Its not a hot take im just talking recently. Legacy wise yeah he's cool. If I had to rank him he's def in the 2-4 range.

All these guys get their fair share of hate too tbf :lol:

Probably peaked with JJJ during the FIBA debacle last year where he was getting outebounded by everyone and their mother.

Smart also heard the liability talk for years so don't think it's Rudy getting uniquely singled out for being French. Just people don't expect a historic, 4x DPOTY to be getting individually hunted from start to finish of an important playoff game.

They also don't expect his team to perform noticeably worse with him in the lineup than they did when he wasn't even suited up.

His achievements come with another level of expectation that he's yet to live up to when it really matters. It was the case in Utah and continues to be the case now too.
A lot of truth here but we should acknowledge who is doing the hunting here, Jokic is generational top ten talent or so I am told. I don't think anyone in current NBA is capable of stopping Jokic one on one. He has killed Davis and the Lakers like 12 of the last 13 times, and Wemby has won 1 game against him and it took a buzzer beater.....

I usually stay away from hating on Gobert because he gets his fair share of it everywhere especially on here but he is not without criticism from me:

-He is far too athletic to be a non-factor with the ball in his hands, ironically I thought he had his best offensive game in months last night lol. I think the Wolves are smart to continue to go through him to get over his lack of skill on this side of the floor but it can be brutal to watch him at times, especially compared to Jokic who is world class obviously lol

-He gets a pass with Jokic (from me) but he relies way too much in deterring shots over blocking shots and opposing teams with high IQ players capitalize on this-Christian Braun and others should not be scoring in the lane period when he is in the game, I'd sacrifice an extra foul or two from him over him staying flat too often

-He lets the noise get to him, this was apparent on the switch play where Ant rightfully wanted to switch to stay outside and he wanted to stay on Jokic because everyone says he can't guard the perimeter

-I personally have not seen a drop off of Goberts regular season play to his post season play that everyone talks about him getting played off the floor-just my two cents

Bro that was 3 years ago. What about recently? Nothing about that is a hot take. Bro lost to a young Celtics team the next year, cant even remember what happened last season and this season failed even after adding a HOF player and got a coach fired. Its not a hot take im just talking recently. Legacy wise yeah he's cool. If I had to rank him he's def in the 2-4 range.

He lost to Jayson Tatum Celtics (and an incredibly well coached and deep team), who went on to the NBA Finals. The same Jayson Tatum that you said was not one of “those guys” :lol:.

You don’t understand how hard it is to win a championship in the NBA.

“That was 3 years ago”….for a guy still dominating is crazy talk man

:lol:

This Finals is going to tell or not if Tatum is "that guy" or not, think he's closer to a prime Paul George than being that #1 guy, but he'll have the opportunity to prove it in a few weeks.

If they didn't have exquisite shapeups would you have even made that comparison?

Yes. He's slightly better than PG was in Indiana on offense and not as good of a defender. He has those same tendencies to be sporadic and overly rely on his jumper. It ultimately may not matter considering the supporting cast, but it's now or never for him narrative wise.

Yes. He's slightly better than PG was in Indiana on offense and not as good of a defender. He has those same tendencies to be sporadic and overly rely on his jumper. It ultimately may not matter considering the supporting cast, but it's now or never for him narrative wise.
Better scorer, but Pacer P was an all around player and playmaker as well. I give slight edge to P

I see more comparable to Carmelo

Celtics going to put "can the sixth or seventh best player in the league lead a team to a chip?" to the test.

I think he’ll be there by end of next season. And I think it’s closer than most people are ready to admit. Which is great for Wemby

I think next year he'll 2nd/3rd team ALL NBA & DPOY.

Bare minimum you have to win an MVP to enter the best player convo. I don't see that happening next year.

He lost to Jayson Tatum Celtics (and an incredibly well coached and deep team), who went on to the NBA Finals. The same Jayson Tatum that you said was not one of “those guys” :lol:.

You don’t understand how hard it is to win a championship in the NBA.

“That was 3 years ago”….for a guy still dominating is crazy talk man

:lol:
Now do Brons last 2 postseasons

200w.gif

Oh look... Lakers GM and Rob Pelinka sharing some leisure time together

The handshake with the lady @ 0.59 :lol::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom