The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Since everybody thinks Gobert is a fraud, I want to know what they thought of Marcus Smart winning DPOY? They shipped him out a year later for a better defender…

What about Jaren Jackson who can’t even grab 10 rebounds?

Good offense will always beat good defense.

The Gobert hate is really just he’s a goof and French.

Those dudes weren't multiple time defenders that always seemed to get exposed during the playoffs year after year.

JJ got it during the FIBAS to a smaller degree but You are correct that him being French, a goof, and perceived soft also plays into the equation. I won't deny that.

It literally isn't.

Again, Gobert was like -2. It's the non Gobert lineups that are getting roasted.

If by "limited" you mean "he can't stop the best player on the planet on island."

Okay but by that definition. Every defender on the planet earth is "limited".

Yes because this is the first and only time this convo has been had and Jokic is the ONLY player sitting across from the Wolves that has brought light to it.

Yep.

Again brain dead analysis.

They aren't "targeting" Gobert because he's bad they are doing because he's good.

Kat and Reid are worse post defenders, but Jokic has to worry about Gobert shutting down the rim and helping on Aaron Gordon lobs.

When Joker see's Gobert on him he knows there is no help, and if there is any help Kat and Reid are so bad at it will probably lead to an Aaron Gordon dunk.

There are no good options against all time great players. But it's been by far the best option for the Wolves.

As the non Gobert lineups have gotten absolutely fried.

Exactly. The Gobert hate really is WILD tho :lol:

They’re acting like the reigning 3X (should be 4X) MVP of the league, and defending champion…..should not be abusing EVERYBODY :rofl:

Draymond is nasty for what he’s doing man. Using that platform to further spread bias. Shaq did the same thing too.

I hate to see people run with brain dead takes. But sadly it’s the era we’re in.

SmartSelect_20240514_224713_Chrome.jpg

This is Drake's fault.

LMAOOOOO

Aye man, when I tell you Jordan lovers are the worst. I'm glad y'all are witnessing it.

Jokic is simply the best player in the world and there is a huge gap for 2nd. Probably the biggest gap since lebron had the title as the best player in the world. Dude has no weakness, 7 foot, extremely high bball iq, and has incredible soft touch around the basket. He's that dude until Wemby gets an actual squad around him.

Exactly. The Gobert hate really is WILD tho :lol:

They’re acting like the reigning 3X (should be 4X) MVP of the league, and defending champion…..should not be abusing EVERYBODY :rofl:

Draymond is nasty for what he’s doing man. Using that platform to further spread bias. Shaq did the same thing too.

I hate to see people run with brain dead takes. But sadly it’s the era we’re in.

Daymond must have forgot what Jokic did to the Warriors with no Murray.

Burned them for a 116 series offensive rating without Murray.

It don't matter what defense you throw at jokic when he is on like that. I think Rudy as the helper is probably the best option, but Naz and Kat getting cooked as well. You come with doubles and AG is going to catch them lobs or he kicks out for three. Their offense is warriors like as you know what they are going to run, but at the mercy of them just missing. Jokic has soooo much gravity

Wolves were lucky to be close with MPJ shooting side step back threes and Murray slow start. Jokic made it a point to be super aggressive

40 points
10 assists
7 rebounds
2 steals
1 block
0 turnovers

lol nobody is guarding that. Gobert is getting way too much flak. Joker not a 3x MVP and defending champ for nothing. We are watching one of the best peaks of all time. And hes doing this without another all star. I wasnt the biggest Jokic fan at first but he earned my respect. Way better than Luka

Back
Top Bottom