The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

As the only American hope we have currently I hope you are correct.

Time to change AAU. Too much focus on headtaps after dunks and not learning how to see the court and defend.
Brunson, SGA, and ant are all products of AAU basketball. All top 6-8 players. We develop guys just fine. We still got guys like Tatum and Paolo. Donovan Mitchell is nice.

Them euro boys don’t slander their brand of basketball when guys don’t pan out or doing stuff they don’t like. Let’s uplift.

Why are we seeing so many injuries this postseason? Must be the condensed 72 game schedule

Brunson, SGA, and ant are all products of AAU basketball. All top 6-8 players. We develop guys just fine. We still got guys like Tatum and Paolo. Donovan Mitchell is nice.

Them euro boys don’t slander their brand of basketball when guys don’t pan out or doing stuff they don’t like. Let’s uplift.

Top 6-8 not good enough .We need the top 3 spots.

And no I blame Overtime and other highlight platforms for this too.

Brunson is more of a product of his pops.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Top 6-8 not good enough .We need the top 3 spots.

And no I blame Overtime and other highlight platforms for this too.
I mean it’s jokic

Ant, SGA, Luka, Giannis, Embiid, Brunson, Tatum

Embiid and Giannis got their game from here. I personally think Giannis is younger than the age they list him but that’s another story. Embiid developed here. Luka and Jokic we can’t take any credit for. But that’s ok. It’s 2 pure European players in the top 40 in the nba. We still the best.

Brunson is a coaches kid. SGA is canadian. Ant/Tatum/Brown and all the other american guys are great 1v1 players but they aren't offensive hubs like SGA, Luka, or Jokic. We need more focus on fundamentals and playmaking. When's the last time we have developed an elite big man out of the states? All of our best young players are guards

Who's the best American player 27 and under? Tatum? That's a terrible number 1 to have, but by default he is the face of American hoops going forward. Him, Ant, and Ja? I still believe in Zion personally. When healthy he's clearly the best American player. Only 23

Brunson is a coaches kid. SGA is canadian. Ant/Tatum/Brown and all the other american guys are great 1v1 players but they aren't offensive hubs like SGA, Luka, or Jokic. We need more focus on fundamentals and playmaking. When's the last time we have developed an elite big man out of the states? All of our best young players are guards
Every coaches kid can’t hoop though. Brunson played in the EYBL. Almost all the Canadians have to cross the border to get better. CIA bounce was on the circuit for a minute. Huntington been a Canadian plug for years. They all come down here to see if they are really like that.

No we don’t have any centers. That’s true. But Flagg and boozer are coming.

Who's the best American player 27 and under? Tatum? That's a terrible number 1 to have, but by default he is the face of American hoops going forward. Him, Ant, and Ja? I still believe in Zion personally. When healthy he's clearly the best American player. Only 23
Was gonna say Embiid but just realized he’s 30 :wow:

AAU is basically a requirement only because pick up games and open runs have been killed. These kids need to be playing on double rims again.

Flagg has the name but after deep diving on his game I'm not that high on him, more interested in Boozer.

Mitchell
Tatum
Ant
Ja
Zion
Brunson
Booker
Bam
Fox
Paolo
Jaylen

I’m sure I’m missing guys. We are doing just fine. We’re ina space now where the guys over 32 aren’t top dogs anymore

Based on what? Whether his dad trained him or I did, he still cut his teeth on the circuit.

Y’all gotta stop taking the worst of AAU and thinking that’s how it is at the top levels

You’re saying he’s a product of the system I’m saying he’s the product of his father.

It also helped Jalen that he had the advantages of being the son of a former NBA player - Advantages regular/lower class American Hoopers will never see growing up.

Still, it’s absolutely amazing that he’s gotten to this point, his chances were still slim to even make it to the league at his height.

AAU is not perfect but the euro development is so overrated.

The euro player in the NBA skills are more a result of selection effect

and soccer being more popular than basketball in many European countries.

You’re saying he’s a product of the system I’m saying he’s the product of his father.

It also helped Jalen that he had the advantages of being the son of a former NBA player - Advantages regular/lower class American Hoopers will never see growing up.

Still, it’s absolutely amazing that he’s gotten to this point, his chances were still slim to even make it to the league at his height.
His pops should get credit and it’s great but at the end of the day, that dawg and figuring out what actually works in game settings, you get from playing against the best of the best. Whether you have a dad or not. Cause we know it’s not just as simple as “well his dad played high level basketball.” Anthony Edwards’ footwork is on par with Brunson and we don’t know too much about his up bringing.

Jokic is simply the best player in the world and there is a huge gap for 2nd. Probably the biggest gap since lebron had the title as the best player in the world. Dude has no weakness, 7 foot, extremely high bball iq, and has incredible soft touch around the basket. He's that dude until Wemby gets an actual squad around him.

I was going to like this, but Bron never had a huge gap. Kobe, KD, Steph were right on his bumper. Jokic timing right now, is really CRAZY tho. Stars aging out. New stars TOO young. Giannis & Luka are right there with him tho.

Let’s not get crazy. Giannis especially.

Its crazy how 3 European guys managed to crack the top 10 of NBA players and everyone started riding this wave that Europe is killing us in every facet of the game.

Back
Top Bottom