The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

He's better than Rudy which is why they made the switch. He's too f'n weak. Jokic was punishing him and the results showed that.

The Wolves have said, and I have reiterated, that was the entire game plan defensively for almost the entire series. The Wolves goal in the regular season vs. Denver was to focus on his passing/assists because Jokic was always going to get his, but if they stifle Murray, MPJ and Gordon, they won't stand a chance.

You do that by freeing up Rudy to protect the rim and the entire paint, even on the perimeter vs smalls. They put KAT and Naz on Jokic not because theyre the better defender, they both have enough length and athleticism to hopefully make it less easy for Jokic. They went to crowding Jokic game 6, back to the game 1-5 strategy that worked so effectively games 1 and 2 on making sure Murray, MPJ and Gordon don't do any damage...it worked...again. Best defense in the NBA gonna have more than 1 elite defender, typically or a crazy good understanding of team defense...Wolves have both, but Rudy always been the key...that's why they made the trade. What you're saying and seeing is very surface level.

IMG_0485.jpeg

He had 33-12-6 in this game on 50% from the field :lol:

#'s will still be there, but the Wolves have a proven ability to lock you down in crunch time. Wolves played with their food a lot in the regular season, but when they focus in for 4 quarters, the 4th quarter and/or crunch time, that defense is no joke. Plus that was last season anyway...team has stepped it up a few notches this season.

I'm intrigued, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really confident that they get the job done vs. Luka and Kyrie.

As I've said, foul trouble the only way you can soften their defense, so the physicality of Gafford, Washington, Lively is where the battle to win will be.

i owe Kat an apology. he was hoopin in the 2nd and 3rd. he was the reason the wolves were down 15 and not 20+ at the half and then kept it going in the third quarter.

committed dumb fouls, but then again, everyone does when they're guarding jokic. he should have an easier time against gafford, pj and lively

Last edited:
I have no idea what to say, I done survived Malik Sealy and Eddie Griffin passing, my guy Randy Foye being a bust, Wes Johnson being 23 yo rookie and terrible, evan turner ***, passing on steph twice, watching gary trent sr start. I am at a loss for words. I was watching the game in shock, especially considering we were down 20 to start the 3rd. I went to two second round games. I will be at the finals yall. This is unreal

Last edited:
i owe Kat an apology. he was hoopin in the 2nd and 3rd. he was the reason the wolves were down 15 and not 20+ at the half and then kept it going in the third quarter.

committed dumb fouls, but then again, everyone does when they're guarding jokic. he should have an easier time against gafford, pj and lively
Kat won us the game, straight up, anyone who watched and says otherwise is lying

#'s will still be there, but the Wolves have a proven ability to lock you down in crunch time. Wolves played with their food a lot in the regular season, but when they focus in for 4 quarters, the 4th quarter and/or crunch time, that defense is no joke. Plus that was last season anyway...team has stepped it up a few notches this season.

I'm intrigued, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really confident that they get the job done vs. Luka and Kyrie.

As I've said, foul trouble the only way you can soften their defense, so the physicality of Gafford, Washington, Lively is where the battle to win will be.
We won this game on defense straight up, they were stuck on 59 forever it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom