Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

Literally the first thing I do when I get a pair of shoes, regardless of when I plan to wear them... is take the laces out, make sure they are even on both sides, and relace then flat and straight.

Only shoes I don't usually do that with are Dunk SBs.

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

These are going to be Reimagined, according to Sole Retriever:

While retro Jordans may not be hitting the same as they once did, the OG colorways always cause a big turnout. While we know we're getting a Reimagined Black Toe Jordan 1 for Holiday 2024, Spring 2025 will see an OG Air Jordan 5 return with the Black Metallic pair, also Reimagined. Not only is this one of the most beloved colorways by the masses, but it was a favorite of the late Virgil Abloh, who used the colorway to inspire his iconic Off-White x Air Jordan 5 collab and slept with a pair at the end of his bed as a child.

This 2025 re-release of the Air Jordan 5 Retro OG Black Metallic remains true to its origins. However, some new details have been added. The black nubuck upper provides a sleek and versatile appearance. The sneaker's distinctive metallic silver tongue is enhanced with 3M reflective material, ensuring it catches the light and eyes in any crowd. Additional classic details include clear netting on the tongue and sides, black laces, and TPU eyestays that uphold the original specs.

The shark teeth on the midsole and the piping throughout the upper will also feature 3M reflective detailing for the Reimagined theme. The design is sharply contrasted by metallic silver shark teeth accents on the black midsole, inspired by World War II fighter planes that Tinker Hatfield incorporated into the initial design of the AJ5 for an added edge. Completing the look is the durable black and icy blue rubber outsole.

Sounds close enough to the og with just more shine on the tongue and the new addition to some shine on the teeth. I will take it

These are going to be Reimagined, according to Sole Retriever:

While retro Jordans may not be hitting the same as they once did, the OG colorways always cause a big turnout. While we know we're getting a Reimagined Black Toe Jordan 1 for Holiday 2024, Spring 2025 will see an OG Air Jordan 5 return with the Black Metallic pair, also Reimagined. Not only is this one of the most beloved colorways by the masses, but it was a favorite of the late Virgil Abloh, who used the colorway to inspire his iconic Off-White x Air Jordan 5 collab and slept with a pair at the end of his bed as a child.

This 2025 re-release of the Air Jordan 5 Retro OG Black Metallic remains true to its origins. However, some new details have been added. The black nubuck upper provides a sleek and versatile appearance. The sneaker's distinctive metallic silver tongue is enhanced with 3M reflective material, ensuring it catches the light and eyes in any crowd. Additional classic details include clear netting on the tongue and sides, black laces, and TPU eyestays that uphold the original specs.

The shark teeth on the midsole and the piping throughout the upper will also feature 3M reflective detailing for the Reimagined theme. The design is sharply contrasted by metallic silver shark teeth accents on the black midsole, inspired by World War II fighter planes that Tinker Hatfield incorporated into the initial design of the AJ5 for an added edge. Completing the look is the durable black and icy blue rubber outsole.
Me from the beginning of April....
I have a feeling that these might end up a reimaged release
oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

I'll make this known for the dudes that like keeping receipts, I'll admit that if these turn out well I'll change my tune immediately, but right now I think imma just grab a second pair of the 2016 release and keep it pushing. 3M detailing throughout the upper and shark teeth sounds atrocious. Why couldn't we have just gotten MJ's PE pair or something?
1000006877.jpg

Last edited:
Hope it’s not OD. These. Could end up looking real tacky. Not to mention, that reflective piping won’t hold up well with wear.

Im gonna be honest with you, I got nothing out of that description. It almost read like it was just reading off the regular specs? Seems like the nubuck upper is staying the same. The teeth are such a small detail. I just want to see the leaks and ill cast judgement.

Another big time W for that Zsneaker guy :lol:…These early leakers act like they’re the be all end all of the sneaker world but can’t even wait to verify info before trying to shotgun the info all over the place…He got caught in it twice today…

Take me back to where we don’t hear about drops until a few months/weeks before drop. And some cases, pics surfacing is the drop info.

Back
Top Bottom