Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Davis vs Martin 6/15 Amazon Prime Video

he is gon’ be filming a movie int he rock, dont think its a big part but it might depend when the shoot it and if interferes with training camp?

Saudi tryna line up that big mexican lineup , which would be in september

makes sense this rematch would be held off til after
The initial thought was it would be in October, so a full month more to let the September event run it's course seems reasonable. rfx45 rfx45 makes a good point about the filming getting in the way.

The best fighter and boxer-puncher of his era

IMHO.
Easy.

Always willing to put it on the line and fought the best of the best.

Win, loose or draw he a true fighter.

Floyd most definitely had a better career but as far as adulation and respect goes from his peers.....Manny paid for that in full.

dood was a hurricane, wrecked shop at every division

It’s a shame Floyd and Pac-man didn’t fight more often and during younger ages.

That said people tripping younger Floyd would have absolutely washed Pac-man. His speed, precision, defense wow he would have wrecked that man. Pac-man doesnt have the defensive style and he’d just be eating precision targeted shot after shot.

It’s a shame Floyd and Pac-man didn’t fight more often and during younger ages.

That said people tripping younger Floyd would have absolutely washed Pac-man. His speed, precision, defense wow he would have wrecked that man. Pac-man doesnt have the defensive style and he’d just be eating precision targeted shot after shot.
I gotta disagree with this. 2008-2010 Pacquiao was different and isnt easy for any fighter in history. Styles make fights and the way Floyd struggled with zabs speed and counters in the first 4 rounds of their fight always made me believe he might have gotten KO'd before he ever figured manny out.

Floyd robbed us of great fights from 2009-2012

Floyd vs Pac should've fought a minimum of 3 times.
Had Floyd and Manny fought three times during the height of their welterweight primes from 2009-2012, I’m sure PAC would’ve beaten Floyd AT LEAST once if not twice.

Instead they played the game of “I’ll beat who you beat only I’ll beat him better” aka fighting each other’s “leftovers” all the way until they finally fought in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom