OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

I got it all figured out y’all boys.

Jerral Wayne Jones is purposely trying to sabotage the team and give Dak the least amount of capable weapons at his disposal.

He wants Dak to have a mediocre supporting cast, just for leverage and to prove that Dak isn’t good enough to make the players around him better.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jerry is a slickkkkkk dude. Folks forget he literally is a oil salesman:lol:

zeke-center-.jpg

The national media reaction to the Penix pick the is the overblown **** I’ve seen in years

God forbid a team with a 37 year old QB, drafts his replacement. Denver drafted a Tommy Maddox in 1992 when Elway was like 32…… smh

The national media reaction to the Penix pick the is the overblown **** I’ve seen in years
The criticism of taking a QB at 8 is very fair. The opportunity cost of hedging their bet on Cousins during a “loaded” QB class with tons of QB-needy teams means they didn’t maximize the value of the 8th pick. This is not the GB model, it’s a hedge.

But even ignoring that, the whole plan blows up if the guy they paid 180M to is actually good :lol:.

If Cousins works out (however you want to define it) when will Penix see the field? How can they take advantage of his rookie deal when he’s on the bench? How much can you get in a trade if he doesn’t have any pro tape?

I think it has more to do with them paying Kirk 100Ms then drafting another QB that high. I agree though that it's over blown.
I get people questioning that part but to me it still don’t take long from there to get why. If kirk was a qb already on our roster and been on the team for years and we still owed a 100ms to no one would question why we planning for life after. I know because I remember all the people years ago when Matt was the same age he is now saying we need to draft a successor and we owed Matt even more money than the guaranteed we owe Kirk now. It made sense then but not know to people.

The criticism of taking a QB at 8 is very fair. The opportunity cost of hedging their bet on Cousins during a “loaded” QB class with tons of QB-needy teams means they didn’t maximize the value of the 8th pick. This is not the GB model, it’s a hedge.

But even ignoring that, the whole plan blows up if the guy they paid 180M to is actually good :lol:.

If Cousins works out (however you want to define it) when will Penix see the field? How can they take advantage of his rookie deal when he’s on the bench? How much can you get in a trade if he doesn’t have any pro tape?
Can call it a hedge but it still makes sense to me. The base concept still makes sense even if Kirk is still good. We didn’t maximize the value of the 8th pick sure but to me that’s still far more reasonable using it to take a clearly talented guy you think can be your future in two years. Wouldn’t even be the worst maximization of a pick we’ve done recently that title is Pitts forever and this pick way more defensible than that. And I don’t think it blows up if Kirk is good. If he’s good that’s a plus in the short term he would need to be otherworldly good for us to continue after two years when it’ll be easy to opt out. Kirk can put up two pro bowl seasons I’d still say we should move on in two years and it makes sense to.

The only way Penix doesn’t see the field in 2 years is if Kirk takes us to a Super Bowl victory or he ends up not being good for whatever reason. I don’t think either of those situations are likely.

The issue to me is they coulda just drafted Penix, no need to spend that money …Then if you in “win now” with Kirk why not pick somebody that can actually play and help NOW :lol:

Just doesn’t seem like a consistent plan from management, they going half way on 2 timelines

The issue to me is they coulda just drafted Penix, no need to spend that money …Then if you in “win now” with Kirk why not pick somebody that can actually play and help NOW :lol:

Just doesn’t seem like a consistent plan from management, they going half way on 2 timelines
This is what I’ve been saying.

Back
Top Bottom