The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Nope. Keep him away from MVP.

That would be a terrible matchup for MVP. That man would get hugged on the ground. Colby wouldn't dare stand with him. Same with WB.

MVP just doesn't have the TDD. Neither does WB.

Edit: Like a fellow poster said, MVP is here for a good time not a long time. Gotta capitalize on it due to his age.
Disagree. You guys are so convinced the old wrestlers still have their prime wrestling skills and motors

Their reaction times are waning and their bodies are breaking down

Disagree. You guys are so convinced the old wrestlers still have their prime wrestling skills and motors

Their reaction times are waning and their bodies are breaking down
I'm not saying father time isn't undefeated. But it applies to MVP too. I wanna say he's 37. Colby 36.

Reduced reflexes can also apply to MVP. I'd just rather not gamble with my matchmaker hat on. Also...Colby doesn't really gain anything from beating a MVP. WB is still sort of high ranking and is over the age of 40.

I'm not saying father time isn't undefeated. But it applies to MVP too. I wanna say he's 37. Colby 36.

Reduced reflexes can also apply to MVP. I'd just rather not gamble with my matchmaker hat on. Also...Colby doesn't really gain anything from beating a MVP. WB is still sort of high ranking and is over the age of 40.
Wrestling is the hardest thing to do in the sport

Striking is obviously not slowing too much down for mvp yet and Colby’s striking sure as hell ain’t gonna catch mvp lacking

Huge difference there

Mvp is a much easier fight than Garry but if you’re worried about ranking then that’s a whole other convo

I'm also in the camp for keeping MVP away from a Colby fight knowing it could turn into a wrestling fest or clinch match. If they are looking to fast track MVP give him the likes of Neal or even a JDM if he isn't getting the Shavkat fight.

Jdm is clearly a harder fight than colby

Overrating of colby is crazy and underrating of mvp as well
I agree that JDM is a harder fight. I just don't think MVP is that great (also feel the same as Colby). MVP got wrestle ****ed by 36 year old Paul Daley and regional fighter Logan Storely. Im kind of confident a washed Colby and 1/2 washed Usman can still wrestle h.

I agree that JDM is a harder fight. I just don't think MVP is that great (also feel the same as Colby). MVP got wrestle ****ed by 36 year old Paul Daley and regional fighter Logan Storely. Im kind of confident a washed Colby and 1/2 washed Usman can still wrestle h.
So we have 3/4 in favor of MVP not fighting Colby in a grapple duck exhibition?

Won't lie. It is difficult navigating his way to the top ten but I just feel like they have to be careful. He's not young. Nor do we know if it's something he'd address a la Kevin Holland (who didn't address this hole in his game). WW is a literal mine field of dudes who prefer wrestling or have it in their game (Brady, Shavkat, Colby, Leon, Usman, etc).

Even an old Paul Daley had atomic bombs in his hands compared to colby. Completely different matchup dynamic and fight camp prep. They also had a heated buildup which led to quick gas out in the cage

Leon couldn’t put colby away but with each passing day it gets worse for his body

While I'm not sure how MVP does against the top 10 I just think the UFC gives him a matchup where the other guy is likely to stand and trade. Last thing they want is one of the grapple guys taking him down and stalling. I do think he could beat Colby but it could also be an ugly fight like I previously mentioned. Also, the Storley fight was horrendous but I had him winning that one by a close margin(I'd never want to watch it again though).

Geoff neal will be a much harder fight than colby imo

But I’d take any of those matchups

You guys want to give him a “path” which is fine. But I’m telling you jdm and neal are much harder fights than colby lol

Back
Top Bottom