The Official NBA Thread

ADVERTISEMENT
His talent, skill, mindset, leadership, he's generational.

More importantly his game raises to another level in the playoffs.
1714409732401.png

Not even close to his peak yet...

So 2 first round exits in 3 years makes you generational? Very small sample size of playoff games to use to build this conclusion, yes Ant is off to a great start for his career I just think many people in here are putting the cart before the horse anointing dude before he actually does anything to earn it.

The numbers and the results have to back up the claims. Unless we haven't different definitions of generational.

But like I said before people like Ant, he has a good personality, extremely marketable and has the flashy game to match it. He has superstar written all over him I'm not denying it. But the conversations he's being put in right now are CRAZY.

So 2 first round exits in 3 years makes you generational? Very small sample size of playoff games to use to build this conclusion, yes Ant is off to a great start for his career I just think many people in here are putting the cart before the horse anointing dude before he actually does anything to earn it.

The numbers and the results have to back up the claims. Unless we haven't different definitions of generational.

He aint generational off the rip cause he doesnt have a freakish type body, Wemby/KD type. Even then hell Giannis wasnt deemed generational at first either and look at him now. Ant has a HIGH ceiling.

But like I said before people like Ant, he has a good personality, extremely marketable and has the flashy game to match it. He has superstar written all over him I'm not denying it. But the conversations he's being put in right now are CRAZY.

He supposed to have a ring right now to be generational?

Who's generational to you?

16 posts about Embiid alone today, and I'M engagement farming.

Whose mind are you thinking you're changing in here?
im actual fan

discussing the team and his performance

you posted a clip that had nothing to do with the topic let alone a video that was already posted 3x

resposting clips IS engagement farming

He suppose to have a ring right now to be generational?

No he doesn't but playoff success was your barometer that you presented so that's what I responded to. His regular season numbers are really good but nothing we haven't seen before, his highlights are amazing but that's just what they are. Highlights.

To me generational players in the league right now include:

Bron, Steph, KD, Jokic, Giannis, Luka.

That's literally it that's the list as of right now. You got a few guys on the cusp, Ant can get there, so can Wemby, Shai, Tatum, Ja if he can get healthy and keep his off court antics to a minimum.

He supposed to have a ring right now to be generational?

Nah he right, Ant isnt generational right now. He doesnt have that freakish type body like Wemby. His talent and what hes gonna accomplish could send him to that generational type in the future.

Generational to me is either youre a Wemby/KD type with height and skillset to match that doesnt come with your average player, you cant teach height. Or someone whos so talented that transcends the “norm”. Curry and his shooting, makes him generational.

No he doesn't but playoff success was your barometer that you presented so that's what I responded to. His regular season numbers are really good but nothing we haven't seen before, his highlights are amazing but that's just what they are. Highlights.

That's literally it that's the list as of right now. You got a few guys on the cusp, Ant can get there, so can Wemby, Shai, Tatum, Ja if he can get healthy and keep his off court antics to a minimum.
Still have yet to define Generational.......

Ant has elite athleticism: vertically and horizontally, elite shotmaking at all 3 levels, elite defense and is 3 years away from his prime.

He is also averaging more points this playoffs in less minutes than your generational Luka
He is also shooting 43% from 3, nearly 20% points better than Luka

getting swept by a dude wearing this, and 2 other starters literally got a commercial singing Christina Aguilera What A Girl Wants, tough life for BI and them. Then he gotta pick his girlfriend up like a baby while Zion smashing bags of sand after drinking room temp Mountain Dew from his master bathroom. Then you gotta drive down the causway and cant see nothing but water as far as the eye can see for 45 minutes while eating dusty donuts with baby powder on it that ruin your clothes and upholstery

Serious, im a Luka fan but how is he generational and Ant not at the present? Skillset? Cause neither of them have accomplished anything.

Luka > Ant also but I dont think the gap is as big as youd think.

Back
Top Bottom