The Official NBA Thread

im actual fan

discussing the team and his performance

you posted a clip that had nothing to do with the topic let alone a video that was already posted 3x

resposting clips IS engagement farming

You posted some cherry-picked stat line (which granted is impressive), and I countered with one of the reasons, in my mind, he isnt looked at the same as those players especially in the playoffs.

I could have been more nuanced certainly, but I mistakenly thought my point was evident.

Why you decide to attack the poster and not the information presented is on you.

Serious, im a Luka fan but how is he generational and Ant not at the present? Skillset? Cause neither of them have accomplished anything.

Luka > Ant also but I dont think the gap is as big as youd think.

Production. You're not generational just because you look and act the part.

Luka just put up 34-9-10 a game this season....and if we want to compare by ages when Luka was 22 he was putting up 28-9-9 a game, Bron was 2nd in MVP voting at 21 and averaging 30 a game, so was KD 2nd in MVP voting dropping 30 a game.

Ant hasn't done enough yet to be generational and that's ok.

Last edited:
getting swept by a dude wearing this, and 2 other starters literally got a commercial singing Christina Aguilera What A Girl Wants, tough life for BI and them. Then he gotta pick his girlfriend up like a baby while Zion smashing bags of sand after drinking room temp Mountain Dew from his master bathroom. Then you gotta drive down the causway and cant see nothing but water as far as the eye can see for 45 minutes while eating dusty donuts with baby powder on it that ruin your clothes and upholstery
This is poetry.

The Thunder-Hornets game 4 and potential closeout extravaganze has been relegated to NBATV, at the same time as the other 2 games. Think the NBA is getting payback on the Thunder for this? Second video, and maybe a bit the first too tbh

1714410795391.png

How can you legitimately wear this out of your own house? :rofl:

Still have yet to define Generational.......

Ant has elite athleticism: vertically and horizontally, elite shotmaking at all 3 levels, elite defense and is 3 years away from his prime.

He is also averaging more points this playoffs in less minutes than your generational Luka
He is also shooting 43% from 3, nearly 20% points better than Luka

WHY ARE YALL MAKING ME STICK UP FOR THE WHITE MAN

1714412388802.png

Attachments

• 1714412288849.png
    1714412288849.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,535
He always dress like a sassy auntie. Lu Dort too, he be pulling up to the arena with a straight purse and something about the Thunder and JNCO leg jeans too in those "boarding the team plane" or "entering the arena where you can kind of see their cars in the background" pics on the Thunder socials

You posted some cherry-picked stat line (which granted is impressive), and I countered with one of the reasons, in my mind, he isnt looked at the same as those players especially in the playoffs.

I could have been more nuanced certainly, but I mistakenly thought my point was evident.

Why you decide to attack the poster and not the information presented is on you.
how is it a cherry picked stat ?

Embiid off the floor is a huge - net rating esp this series

The team around him cant sustain leads nor gain momentum when he is off the floor - so his rest mins get shorter. In the end he ends up playing 40+ mins. Im sorry no C is going to dominate on 1 leg at 260 pounds for 44mins a game. Even if he was healthy again no C would dominate in this current age

those star players have teams and #3/#4 players built around them to HELP when they are off the floor

put jokic on this current sixers team and itll be the same issues once he goes to the bench - its a 2 man show at most with embiid/maxey

just look at game 2 from the celtics/heat series..tatum had 28/Brown had 33 - how the rest of celtics do ? trash but this isnt always the case with the team

in the sixers case THIS is always the issue.. Embiid literally needs to have a perfect game for them to win

getting swept by a dude wearing this, and 2 other starters literally got a commercial singing Christina Aguilera What A Girl Wants, tough life for BI and them. Then he gotta pick his girlfriend up like a baby while Zion smashing bags of sand after drinking room temp Mountain Dew from his master bathroom. Then you gotta drive down the causway and cant see nothing but water as far as the eye can see for 45 minutes while eating dusty donuts with baby powder on it that ruin your clothes and upholstery
Beignet disrespect will not be tolerated :smh:

The Thunder-Hornets game 4 and potential closeout extravaganze has been relegated to NBATV, at the same time as the other 2 games. Think the NBA is getting payback on the Thunder for this? Second video, and maybe a bit the first too tbh

In real time, the way they ditched her was awkward. It was like watching Lane Kiffin walk away from her on College Football Saturday in the middle of a question. The play by play guy (Harlan) had to send it to the next game.

Come see me. 215 NE 28th St Oklahoma City, OK 73105, bldg 3. It's the building on the right when you pull in. You can buzz me from the gate. Gotta eat them ****s with a fork or in your play clothes. I do not approve. Just give me the donut without the powdered sugar, basically funnel cake appendages at that point

In real time, the way they ditched her was awkward. It was like watching Lane Kiffin walk away from her on College Football Saturday in the middle of a question. The play by play guy had to send it to the next game.
Yea it was a bit cringe, some internet people took offense. They came back after they gave the local guy Nick Gallo first dibs though. Also, Josh doesnt get the postgame interview that often so it was important to see everyone go gather around him since he doesnt normally participate in the post game shenanigans.

Here’s what I’m going to say about this.

Embiid is way too talented to be doing all of this stuff. There is no need for all of this.

Playing hard ≠ playing dirty.
This payback from all them dirty plays from those 90s/2000s Knicks teams :lol:

how is it a cherry picked stat ?

Embiid off the floor is a huge - net rating esp this series

The team around him cant sustain leads nor gain momentum when he is off the floor - so his rest mins get shorter. In the end he ends up playing 40+ mins. Im sorry no C is going to dominate on 1 leg at 260 pounds for 44mins a game. Even if he was healthy again no C would dominate in this current age

those star players have teams and #3/#4 players built around them to HELP when they are off the floor

put jokic on this current sixers team and itll be the same issues once he goes to the bench - its a 2 man show at most with embiid/maxey

just look at game 2 from the celtics/heat series..tatum had 28/Brown had 33 - how the rest of celtics do ? trash but this isnt always the case with the team

in the sixers case THIS is always the issue.. Embiid literally needs to have a perfect game for them to win

I agree he has more demand on him alone than any other superstar; and despite his usual antics, his performances have been pretty amazing this year despite significant injury. But the through-line of this team for the last 8+ years has been him and seemingly not being able to mesh with the players around him in the playoffs (Maxey being the outlier here). Fair or not, he is going to continue to get some of that blame despite his circumstances.

While playoff basketball is a different game and the Knicks are a good team, I do remember the regular season was the opposite. Embiid rarely played the 4th because they were blowing teams out. So there is a sample size where this team works.

I dont know how the salary caps differ from NHL to NBA< but they should consider the Tampa/Vegas move of throwing him on LTIR in February and activating him in the playoffs to save wear and tear. I mean, thats kind of what happened this year, but ideally you do it for a more minor issue.

Back
Top Bottom