The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

All I know about Trader Joe's is that they have more quickstrike products than Nike
Worse feeling in the world is going to TJ just to find out the discontinued one of your favorites.

When they took away my Belgian Chocolate Pudding, I was in that joint like....

giphy.gif

Trader Joes is a less expensive but their hook is that they carry special products you can't anywhere else. Most of the stuff is their own brands. Their stores are much smaller generally.

Where as WF is just a high end supermarket.

While you can, Trader Joes it isn't really a place to do basic weekly grocery shopping. But people that shop there most go and get their favorites, and try out what is new.

No, TJ’s is kind of its own thing. They have some produce, but no meat or seafood counter like a Whole Foods.

And they mostly only sell their own branded stuff. Their products either directly copy or put a TJ’s spin on popular items like snacks, cereals, sauces, etc. They also carry a pretty wide variety of frozen foods, meals, which IMO is a real area of strength for them.

It’s cheaper than Whole Foods too and even than other regular grocery stores for some stuff. That’s a big part of its popularity - the value.

Bet I’ll go check out Traders for some special tastee treats

Guess I’ll keep going to Giant for my budget grocery shopping days or Krogers when I’m on the road … RustyShackleford RustyShackleford should be hip with Giant, ima lifer up there :pimp:

Bet I’ll go check out Traders for some special tastee treats

Guess I’ll keep going to Giant for my budget grocery shopping days or Krogers when I’m on the road … RustyShackleford RustyShackleford should be hip with Giant
This could vary by region I suppose, but TJ’s in California has booze. Generally a good wine selection and a limited variety of hard liquor that’s good and well priced. It’s where I usually get the vodka and tequila we keep in the house.

I was watching Babish rate frozen pizzas and he had TJ's wood fire frozen pizza on there and rated pretty high compared to the usual stuff you get at your local store.

Of course its nowhere to be found in my state 🙃

This could vary by region I suppose, but TJ’s in California has booze. Generally a good wine selection and a limited variety of hard liquor that’s good and well priced. It’s where I usually get the vodka and tequila we keep in the house.
It’s store brand liquor like Costco? …One of my homies is the cheapest so he good for pulling up with the big bottle of Kirkland vodka or something :lol:

GroceryTalk. :pimp:

I frequent Costco, Giant, and the local Asian grocery store the most. Sometimes Harris Teeter if they have a good sale. I like Wegman's but they're expensive.
Wegmans hot bar and prepared foods might be the best out right now but they def hit you with the whole food like tax on price tho

They also seem to be in the whitest of white areas, at least on the MD side :lol:

giphy (3).gif

Only tried a few things when my girl picked them up for me.

Pork Belly and some mini tacos

Will have to find the cheddar and dumplings next
Speaking of soup dumplings, I been on these ever since they came to costco

IMG_4939.jpeg

$13.99 for about 32 dumplings. I’ve tried a bunch of brands over the years but they my gotos now for the price and quality

Back
Top Bottom