The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Mark Daigneault out here wasting one of his three years before they fire him for a big name.
And before Clay Bennett and crew see those rookie scale max contracts for JDub and Chet and start pinching luxury tax pennies hard.

Better get it while the gettin's good.

Im cool with fans saying this is a weak draft, however I hate when GM's say this. Just a built in excuse for when they draft the wrong guy. Every draft doesn't have a marquee guy at the top. Now these dudes have to actually do they job and evaluate talent. There are definitely potential star players in this draft. Just got to find them

Last edited:
2013 was a weak draft. No consensus number 1. Anthony Bennett went number 1. Oladipo was top 3. But the best player from the draft fell to 15th...a guy by the name of Giannis Antetokounmpo. These guys get paid to find the best guy available. Find them

And before Clay Bennett and crew see those rookie scale max contracts for JDub and Chet and start pinching luxury tax pennies hard.

Better get it while the gettin's good.
This is why they are going to hold onto those future picks. They've got the three stars, so they will be rotating everyone else in and out for the next six or seven years.

2013 was a weak draft. No consensus number 1. Anthony Bennett went number 1. Oladipo was top 3. But the best player from the draft fell to 15th...a guy by the name of Giannis Antetokounmpo. These guys get paid to find the best guy available. Find them
2013 draft was weak, but I felt good about Oladipo and Otto Porter Jr atleast.

There's really no one I feel that confident in this draft. But maybe that's unfair because Oladipo/Porter Jr. were older.

It’s a good thing coaches get fully guaranteed contracts. The worst job security of any profession

Point guard doesn’t wanna shoot & you start two bigs who don’t have 3 point range.

But yes, let’s fire the coach immediately.
I’m seeing all the talk about the Cavs making changes based on results like what did they expect the team to do? They not a championship squad, they finished were they were supposed to :lol:

Management wants to blow it up but blaming the coach, easy to see the play :smh:

Bro missed a record 13 free throws vs the Heat in the playoffs last year. In a single game. That is

Im cool with fans saying this is a weak draft, however I hate when GM's say this. Just a built in excuse for when they draft the wrong guy. Every draft doesn't have a marquee guy at the top. Now these dudes have to actually do they job and evaluate talent. There are definitely potential star players in this draft. Just got to find them
Jokic and Brunson were 2nd rounders, Mitchell was 13th, SGA was 11th and Hali 12th. There's always gonna be a healthy amount of talent that get less touted out of college then end up being much better in the pros.

It's why the draft is always a crapshoot and especially during you where don't get those 'generational' type prospects like Wemby last year or a lot of blue chippers.

I’m seeing all the talk about the Cavs making changes based on results like what did they expect the team to do? They not a championship squad, they finished were they were supposed to :lol:

Management wants to blow it up but blaming the coach, easy to see the play :smh:
Nasty work, Cavs moving like Phoenix :smh:

Swapping Giddey out the starting lineup was the right move, but why not for Wiggins or Wallace or I could even see a case for K. Williams hell, Joe just seemed wrong there.

And God damn someone make a 3. And can we take something away. They are getting live runways to the rim for dunks every time AND all you can eat wide open corner 3s. And Luka is cooking. I'd live with it if you shut one thing off in favor of the other and just felt like welp they were just on today

Mavs gonna end this at home then go down to Deep Ellum and get some Serious Pizza and the European guys gonna detour by Harry Hines on their way home

Now that Jokic and nuggets are breaking the "rim protector on Aaron Gordon, power forward on Jokic" strategy.

What's the best option to stop him now?

OKC going back to hack-a-Lively, effectively letting the Mavs set their defense several possessions late in the game was a goofy *** decision... Mavs been clamping in the halfcourt all series.

Also... This shot being blocked is absolute insanity. DJJ a freak but what the hell is Chet doing?
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.59.49 AM.png

OKC going back to hack-a-Lively, effectively letting the Mavs set their defense several possessions late in the game was a goofy *** decision... Mavs been clamping in the halfcourt all series.

Also... This shot being blocked is absolute insanity. DJJ a freak but what the hell is Chet doing?

This was crazyyyy.

I don’t care how great of an athlete DJJ is….

Chet can’t get blocked here.

should have never let him play all 82 games. Dubb has only taken 3 c&s 3's this series. Watching possession after possession where 5 guys stand around the perimeter, get a step on their man, draw the help then kick out to the 3pt line to another guy, who pump fakes instead of shooting, gets a step on his man, draws the help, then kicks out to another guy who does the same, until we're late in clock and now by the 5th draw and kick cycle someone has to force

Back
Top Bottom