The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Yeah, the Pacers have no chance in this series if Nembhard is the primary defender on Brunson.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh I more I think of it the more I think that your plan only works if it goes further

Co-branding is not enough to counter the bigger issues the WNBA has, and for you to get the benefit of it, the teams need be around for a while.

So for it to work, the WNBA would have to be fully integrated with the NBA. Same owner groups, subsidized fully in bad times so franchises don't fold. So that way the WNBA can build its brand even in bad times so it can take advantage of the good times. Give the league the security women's college teams have.

So they would have to go all in, so see whatever benefits. Or else all the bad issues that hurt the NBA would just wash everything away.

But I think doing that introduces a bunch of business and CBA issues that Stern and company understandably didn't want to deal with.

Just co-branding isn't enough if the WNBA has to deal with the free market

Nembhard being anywhere near Brunson is coaching malpractice
You can see it on his face that Brunson is seeing Nembhard exactly like this -

IMG_0160.jpeg

Liked the adjustment by Thibs to go Mcbride over precious in the starting lineup.

Thibs going small in 2024 was not on my bingo card

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh I more I think of it the more I think that your plan only works if it goes further

Co-branding is not enough to counter the bigger issues the WNBA has, and for you to get the benefit of it, the teams need be around for a while.

So for it to work, the WNBA would have to be fully integrated with the NBA. Same owner groups, subsidized fully in bad times so franchises don't fold. So that way the WNBA can build its brand even in bad times so it can take advantage of the good times. Give the league the security women's college teams have.

So they would have to go all in, so see whatever benefits. Or else all the bad issues that hurt the NBA would just wash everything away.

But I think doing that introduces a bunch of business and CBA issues that Stern and company understandably didn't want to deal with.

Just co-branding isn't enough if the WNBA has to deal with the free market

I think the would have been the ideal way to go tbh, but i will concede Im not sure Stern would have had the juice to pull that off.

but forcing or incentivizing a certain number of teams to own operate WNBA franchises would have been ideal. maybe you get a couple extra points of revenue sharing.

WNBA loses money on paper, but ultimately it's not that much money and I think it's more than worth it as a marketing and PR vehicle.

IMO Stern was smart for doing this in the first place, and with or without the co branding I think it's cool that it's starting to bear fruit.

Back
Top Bottom