The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Rebound rates drop. Blocked shot rates drop. Opponent rim/paint conversion goes up. Eyeball test screams his influence dips.

It's plain as day, man.
You’re talking about such small changes that no statistician would consider conclusive in any way, especially when he’s playing half his total (8 games) against the best big man in the world and being used as a free safety and less 1-1 you’d see over the regular season sample size of 9x. And you can look at the career stats over those playoff seasons and there’s no huge drop-off either.

The reality is the best offense beats the best defense in the later rounds, especially amongst big men because whoever is left is top 3-5 in the world. There’s evidence of this across generations with perhaps the exception of Wilt vs Russell.

Holding Jokic to 11/28 shooting thru his first 3 games was as good as anyone has done in a playoff series against him the past 5 years. 8/9 in game 5 was bad but if you apply your same eye test, Jokic was playing at an elite level in every facet of his game. Who was stopping him Tues?

I refuse to offer any Cavs slander, tbh I am surprised they won a game and played Celtics pretty tough last night

I am glad to see people join me in my Garland hate though ngl

-I boycotted that series due to competitive imbalance
-I am also boycotting Inside the NBA as long as they continue to wheel out Draymond
-I understand that nobody cares :lol:

Chet needs to be able to punish teams if they put a wing or a guard on him. He still hasn’t shown to be able to do that consistently

Minny really went from “cracking the code” to “blowing it up” in 3 games lol
They were always on the clock though with that dumb *** gobert trade

Even if they win the title it’s going to be a challenge to keep all of the rotation players and especially what to do with towns

They were always on the clock though with that dumb *** gobert trade

Even if they win the title it’s going to be a challenge to keep all of the rotation players and especially what to do with towns
I think Towns has always been the issue. But if you move KAT you have to move RG too because I can't believe you're getting an equal or better offensive big in return.

KAT has shown he's not a consistent enough shooter and scorer, especially in this series. I'm shocked he hasn't been getting more flack this series when it all seems to be landing on Gobert. KAT is the one not doing what he's paid to do.

He’s had like 3 post ups all playoffs. Turned that man into a corner boy
Pick and Pop and dunker spot. After the AS break when the league made it more physical he hasn’t looked the same.

Pre ASB he was 39% from 3 then 33% the playoffs 28% and has looked invisible on offense for stretches .

OKC isn't going to run post ups for anyone. They're keeping the lane open for SGA and JDub.
Jalen williams averaging 16 on 40% as a second option isn’t the move. Not right now at least. Just feels like they need to mix it up.

Chet has more to his game than just 3s and dunking. Plus he’s struggling from 3 right now which kills the space for SGA and Jalen.

Was it me or did chet not touch the ball offensively down the stretch? Ball got sticky when they still had a chance and they were jacking up threes

Pick and Pop and dunker spot. After the AS break when the league made it more physical he hasn’t looked the same.

Pre ASB he was 39% from 3 then 33% the playoffs 28% and has looked invisible on offense for stretches .
That dunker spot is cooked in the playoffs though. Switch everything and we take away him as roll/ pop. We are daring Dort and Cason to beat us. They are really easy to defend right now. SGA is amazing, but they are content with playing him 1 on 1. Just don’t foul.

Back
Top Bottom