Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slight I need a W today from the Knicks. The 3rd period collapse by the rangers last night has me so pissed today.

Mitch breaking down means we have to do everything to resign iHart when the time comes.

Thibs has to trust the remaining bench guys. Burks has had good numbers the past two games so so hopefully he's up to it again tonight.

Mitch breaking down means we have to do everything to resign iHart when the time comes.

Another team will offer more money than we could. Just have to hope he chooses to stay but can't fault him for leaving if he does.

Essentially a must win tonight. It's a three game series with two at home. Hoping McBride starts for Achiuwa since he's not providing anything on either end right now; you at least have to guard McBride on the perimeter.

Scenario A:
Bring everyone back
Resign iHart on a contract similar to Mitch
Use those draft picks on ready to contribute players for depth
Pray everyone is healthy going into the playoffs

Scenario B:
Resign iHart
Go all in on a Villanova reunion and trade Randle for Mikal
Focus on a legitimate back up PF through free agency/draft

Scenario A 11 times out of 10. We already have Mikal Bridges & he's under contract for three more seasons at 40% of the price.

We saw what the team could be in January & various games these playoffs. There's no need for major change anywhere IMO.

My problem with Randle is, how much better would his output be compared to Harts this postseason?

16/12/5 on 46/43 splits is real good.

Spacing takes a hit, but then he demands way more doubles. Double edged sword.

Randle is a tough player to build with or have an identity with. Im crediting our 12-2 record in January to OG's spacing and IQ. Not Randle.

Bring everyone back and add legitimate depth.

Randle is a legitimate threat that forces people to not trap Brunson every time. We need that.

Knicks are winning tonight. I’m very confident in this team.

I think you get to a point of diminishing returns with Hart.

Good player, playoff riser, but he's closer to a 25 minute guy than someone that has to be on the floor at all times. With a healthy rotation, there's situations where he'll play 40 minutes & close the game.

Very valuable player to have, especially that you have to pencil in OG missing ~20 games.

run it back for sure. we only got a glimpse of what this team can do at full health. all we need is a scoring wing off the bench that can actually put pressure on the rim. other than Brunson and Randle, no one is a threat in the paint in the half court. we need a guy to break down the defense. i know some of yall hated RJ, but he was the only guy that would actually drive to the rim.

OG is the better player and fit specifically for this team... the only knock on him compared to rj is that he's injury prone

I would just like to run this back and hope for a healthier core.

Draft some good ready to contribute rookies and bring another solid backup big man who is okay being the 5 big and barely getting any burn until injuries hit.

Back
Top Bottom