Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

To be clear, I’m only talking about the TS T-Rex/Jumpman Jack line. Obviously, Nike/JB have the infrastructure to make retros in huge GR releases lol

I also think you are underrating how many people don’t want to rock fusions. The only way to make a fusion model enticing is to build up hype and the way they are doing that is by making them in such little quantity that resell is insane. Eventually, people get used to seeing the model and it is hyped enough that they will cave and buy the takedown or GR version without TS “JACK” branding, etc. I guarantee you this is the long term strategy because fusions can’t rely on the rich MJ-led and sneaker history like retros can (to include TS retros). Until then, nobody is buying this Jordan Brand shoe for MSRP without Travis’ name and branding attached to it, regardless of how limited it is.

These jumpman jacks aren’t releasing in a vacuum though. They’re the first signature shoe In a collaboration that will be a decade old in 2027. I’m questioning the point of the collaboration in totality if the goal isn’t to flush out this line more and increase supply? I don’t know whether or not the jumpman jacks would do well at 300k stock instead of 30k stock, but I don’t think that matters. Nike continually makes shoes that routinely go on discount and don’t have nearly the demand even this jumpman Jack has at $200 retail/$500 resell as part of their retail strategy. What’s the excuse to keeping the entire line as limited as they have? They either want to sell more shoes with Travis’ name on them or they don’t and it’s just marketing for the brand as whole. If its the latter than that’s trash on Nikes part.

People are rarely one and done when it comes to new stuff but you gotta actually try new stuff get attached to it. If these trainers are supposed to be a a major part of the collab moving forward, Nike is doing the line a disservice by keeping these out of people’s hands.

They either want to sell more shoes with Travis’ name on them or they don’t and it’s just marketing for the brand as whole. If its the latter than that’s trash on Nikes part.

People are rarely one and done when it comes to new stuff but you gotta actually try new stuff get attached to it. If these trainers are supposed to be a a major part of the collab moving forward, Nike is doing the line a disservice by keeping these out of people’s hands.
I think you hit the nail on the head here but you are underestimating how opposed to Jordan fusions and new casual models people are. Non-retro casual Js are outlet superstars and people clown on shoes like Dub Zeros, etc. They have a tall task of making these fusions look enticing to a mass audience to stop them from becoming outlet superstars and hurting that same marketing effort you mentioned.

Nike/JB are hoping massive amounts of self-imposed scarcity and perceived exclusivity will drive up hype for this new fusion model.

My guess is they want to sell this as a GR at full MSRP at some point but they just are not there yet.

What AJ 2 collabs are/were ever hyped?

To my knowledge, only Don Cs and Off-White were ever hyped (not counting DBs since I’m not sure if they are a collab and Eminem 2s weren’t really released).

Don C definitely had influence-not anywhere near Travis but enough that he was able to help them move and hype up those Retro 2s. That said, the moment they threw his name on a Fusion (Legacy 312) it was clear they wouldn’t sell at MSRP without his name when they released without the “Just Don” branding.
Did the fusion sell at MSRP with his name. The real influence was Ye getting DonC a deal at Nike :lol:

I think you hit the nail on the head here but you are underestimating how opposed to Jordan fusions and new casual models people are.

This is an entire brand. No one shoe has to carry all of the weight of success. Resell being at $500 for the sails and $800 for the university reds is a representation of unmet demand. They don’t have to take the world by storm to warrant a wider release than they got. Especially with this being the first signature shoe in the line. Regardless of what the masses might feel about fusions.

Did the fusion sell at MSRP with his name. The real influence was Ye getting DonC a deal at Nike :lol:
The Legacy 312s did sell with his name lol It was once they made them less limited that they started sitting. They also didn’t hold resale value at all after this.

Fusions just don’t have that staying power. I remember when Jordan Fusions were initially being hyped, they completed bricked once they started getting wider releases and essentially became a classic outlet/Marshalls staple lol

Last edited:
This is an entire brand. No one shoe has to carry all of the weight of success. Resell being at $500 for the sails and $800 for the university reds is a representation of unmet demand. They don’t have to take the world by storm to warrant a wider release than they got. Especially with this being the first signature shoe in the line. Regardless of what the masses might feel about fusions.
Yes but now they are slowly growing demand and engagement. They have started growing demand slowly by increasing online engagement and discussion about the release (just like we are right now lol).

They are essentially taking the MoonSwatch approach to this release like Swatch and Omega took in 2022. Create a ton of demand for a fusion product based on legacy designs and create extremely limited artificial scarcity and slowly grow this demand over time.

Yes but now they are slowly growing demand and engagement. They have started growing demand slowly by increasing online engagement and discussion about the release (just like we are right now lol).

They are essentially taking the MoonSwatch approach to this release like Swatch and Omega took in 2022. Create a ton of demand for a fusion product based on legacy designs and create extremely limited artificial scarcity and slowly grow this demand over time.
That’s if on the other side of this is a release of SOMETHING with meaningful stock. 7 Years of limited drops with no hints of a larger market product doesn’t add much confidence.

I think you're missing if they release these T-Rex, Jack Offs.... in mass quantities, it's going to sit. It's only selling because it's limited. These poor man Yeezy 2s will sell for under retail on discount in mass quantities.

Not limitted =\= mass quantities

There’s a sweet spot for every shoe, especially new shoes, where early adopters, fans of the collaborator, and folks willing to spend the money can buy the shoe while the market decides where these will land in terms of demand. The quantities that released so far weren’t even remotely close to that.

Most shoes doesn’t sell out in mass quantities, that doesn’t have to be the bar for success. Supply being relative to demand should be the goal. So far we’ve got all demand and no supply.

I think you're missing if they release these T-Rex, Jack Offs.... in mass quantities, it's going to sit. It's only selling because it's limited. These poor man Yeezy 2s will sell for under retail on discount in mass quantities.
This is what I am saying.

There were fusions that were hyped before (who remembers the fake SpongeBob DZ era? lol) but that hype died as quickly as it was generated as soon as the releases were not extremely limited. It happened with Futures a decade ago as well and with Legacy 312s 5+ years ago now.

Nike/JB are smart and know Jordan fusions just don’t have the same allure that proper retros do so they’re keeping this release limited to hopefully generate a lot of hype for the sneaker just like Adidas did for the 350 V1 before releasing the V2s and increasing production.

I wouldn’t be surprised if ALL TS T-Rex/Jumpman Jack releases in the next year are extremely limited in order to keep hype generating for the model.

This is what I am saying.

There were fusions that were hyped before (who remembers the fake SpongeBob DZ era? lol) but that hype died as quickly as it was generated as soon as the releases were not extremely limited. It happened with Futures a decade ago as well and with Legacy 312s 5+ years ago now.

Nike/JB are smart and know Jordan fusions just don’t have the same allure that proper retros do so they’re keeping this release limited to hopefully generate a lot of hype for the sneaker just like Adidas did for the 350 V1 before releasing the V2s and increasing production.

I wouldn’t be surprised if ALL TS T-Rex/Jumpman Jack releases in the next year are extremely limited in order to keep hype generating for the model.

Not to mention Travis had all of JB/Nike's resources and this is the best he come up with. These are fugly, forgettable sneakers. And it's sort of at the crossroads for him. This was his first signature sneaker and people are losing interest in it already. JB/Nike either wanted Travis and his line to be a subdivison of JB/Nike similar to Ye with Adidas. But it seems like he's just a tool to sell more Jordan 1 lows..... I think JB/NIke is afraid to up production because it's more risk than reward. Poor sales/demand/interest will not only affect his line but other JB/Nike products. At least with Ye, he hit a homerun with the iconic Air Yeezy 1 then did it better with the Air Yeezy 2 then had unimaginable success with Adidas before going nuclear.

I will not enter a Draw for a JC Penny/Kohls level Nike trainers no matter who the collaboration is with. Nike won’t make these in high numbers because people wouldn’t want them anymore.

Reactions: mkj
These are fugly, forgettable sneakers. And it's sort of at the crossroads for him. This was his first signature sneaker and people are losing interest in it already.

that’s the point I’ve been getting at. Non traditional Shoes like this gain traction via grass routes. They’re for the people who already like them and for the folks that would be willing to give them a try. By people getting them on foot and actually forming an attachment to them. The consensus is already that most folks aren’t into them but they’re still over double retail price on the secondary market. The only people being impacted are the folks that would actually by the shoe to give it an honest shot.

Granted like staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam said, their plan could be to start out limited to gain hype. Im saying Travis has had almost a decade of limited hype generating drops to get this point. This drop should have been using all of that to sell this shoe to begin. Instead they made this limited again. Persobally I don’t think they have any intention of moving away from that release model. These were never supposed to be shoes for everyone so they can make as many shoes that aren’t crowd pleasers because there won’t be enough to go around to fail. Which I think is dumb, because the folks that loose are the people who actually want the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom