The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Hate to see Max take all that damage but this is the easiest fight to make for Ilia. I hope they let them main MSG. Biggest fight you can make in the company not named Conor or JJ.

I also don't knock Ilia for the way his trash talk comes out. It's barely his 2nd/3rd language. When he does the Spanish speaking media everything is delivered much better and the trash talk obviously sounds more natural.

Hate to see Max take all that damage but this is the easiest fight to make for Ilia. I hope they let them main MSG. Biggest fight you can make in the company not named Conor or JJ.

I also don't knock Ilia for the way his trash talk comes out. It's barely his 2nd/3rd language. When he does the Spanish speaking media everything is delivered much better and the trash talk obviously sounds more natural.
And all that talk is worthless once the cage closes

Mma fans and casuals learned that the hard way with volk lol

The UK boys had a show about the UK card...

One of them said they want to make Usman vs MVP... 🤔 I actually really like that one

Bisping suggested MVP vs Garry but I just don't see Garry accepting it

The other suggested Burns vs MVP. I agree with Usman or Burns for sure. Make it happen Dana

Keep MVP away from any fighter with strong wrestling abilities. Those fights will kill any hype for him. If he's fighting in the UK just match him with Neal to get him inside the top 10. Or JDM in Australia since Shavkat got next.

Keep MVP away from any fighter with strong wrestling abilities. Those fights will kill any hype for him. If he's fighting in the UK just match him with Neal to get him inside the top 10. Or JDM in Australia since Shavkat got next.
I tend to agree but Usman is getting old. Just let them fight

Neal was my initial pick definitely wouldn't mind it

But if they're trying to make a big fight, I say Burns or Usman

Usman still was able to fight off a much bigger and stronger Chimaev for 3 rounds. Not saying he's still champ material but he's still a top 7ish fighter in division. Same with Burns.

I still don't believe MVP is that, but he can be match made appropriately to make his way to contending if thats what they want. I just keep seeing him get wrestle ****ed by Logan Storelys bum ***. Them dudes would maul him.

Usman still was able to fight off a much bigger and stronger Chimaev for 3 rounds. Not saying he's still champ material but he's still a top 7ish fighter in division. Same with Burns.

I still don't believe MVP is that, but he can be match made appropriately to make his way to contending if thats what they want. I just keep seeing him get wrestle ****ed by Logan Storelys bum ***. Them dudes would maul him.
Usman was getting outwrestled and thrown around though, simply surviving against Chimaev. When Usman starting doing good it wasn't with the wrestling was it?

Usman's wrestling overall isn't really what it used to be but I understand your hesitance. My view is just that his aging is definitely impacting that aspect of his game and just overall.. which imo lends a better chance for MVP to do MVP things

Usman was getting outwrestled and thrown around though, simply surviving against Chimaev. When Usman starting doing good it wasn't with the wrestling was it?

Usman's wrestling overall isn't really what it used to be but I understand your hesitance. My view is just that his aging is definitely impacting that aspect of his game and just overall.. which imo lends a better chance for MVP to do MVP things
That's fair on Usman. The last time he grappled well was against Leon in the head kick fight but that was a while ago.

Durhino is probably the worst matchup between the 2. He still looked explosive on his wrestling against JDM and MVP doesn't have the get up or tdd abilities that JDM built up.

I agree with ya. MVP is older and to reap the benefits of signing him for a semi high contract means they should “curtail” his path into the top of WW. MVP can have Star power but you put him in there with someone who is just going to grapple duck him will make it difficult to sell dem wolf tickets.

I wonder what the UFC thinks of their MMAguru constantly accusing Jon of PED use, homosexuality, etc.

Costa is so funny.

The MMAGuru video in question:

Last edited:

Brazil deserves better based on UFC history.

They put so much on 300 that it robbed the cupboard of Brazilian stars (Paotan, Andrade, Figgy, Charley Olives, Money Moicano and Diego Lopes).

MMaguru has a sound byte on the Countdown…

Marc Montoya gets some love during the Martinez segment. He don’t get enough love as a coach/trainer.

Last edited:
Just watched the main event and what a KO by Perez in a fight he needed to win. Big loss for Nicolau after having the Kape bout scheduled earlier .

Taking the Vinny Mac strut literally…

That’s dope. I can see him seriously divorcing from the UFC. He’s got soooo many opportunities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom