The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

Smh yall dont get it. If there is any player that you should be able to put on an island to guard a guy striaght up without compromising your defense entire scheme with constant doubling, its the dpoy who also happens to play the same position.

"but thats not what theyre trying to do they want Rudy to roam" yeah and it aint working so try something else

Last edited:
I know bigs are the only players that are allowed to get any defensive recognition, but Lu Dort has made people’s lives a living hell on the perimeter in these first 2 rounds. Just don’t understand how folks think that’s not as valuable.

Last edited:
Smh yall dont get it. If there is any player that you should be able to put on an island to guard a guy striaght up without compromising your defense entire scheme with constant doubling, its the dpoy who plays also happens to play the same position.

"but thats not what theyre trying to do they want Rudy to roam" yeah and it aint working so try something else

What's the other option?

FjLbXm6aYAAWi4V.jpg

Not my DPOY :emoji_triumph:

I don’t understand calling Rudy’s defense into question because he can’t guard Jokic on an island :lol:

Anthony Davis can’t. Wemby is giving up 80 pounds. Whenever we get that series I guarantee Wemby will not be the primary.

I don’t understand calling Rudy’s defense into question because he can’t guard Jokic on an island :lol:

Anthony Davis can’t. Wemby is giving up 80 pounds. Whenever we get that series I guarantee Wemby will not be the primary.
Wemby a real one. He’s 100% taking the matchup. He’s going to get moved too but that last play where Jokic hit Rudy with the “ahh ahh pull up” ain’t happening to the young god.

I think Wemby will certainly be the primary defender on Jokic in the future. He's athletic enough and taller and longer. That Spurs vs Nuggets game at the end of the season was literally a snapshot into the future.

Guard him straight up him make him consistently score 40. He had some nice moves on Rudy but he had to work for em. Anyone else on him its way too easy. We all know he wants to pass keep his assists under 7 and force him to beat u by himself

I don't understand, isn't that what they did in the second half basically?

They had Gobert on him on an island and they didn't help?

Wemby a real one. He’s 100% taking the matchup. He’s going to get moved too but that last play where Jokic hit Rudy with the “ahh ahh pull up” ain’t happening to the young god.
Look at how Pop guarded Shaq, it’ll be more of the same. From ‘01 onward Kobe led the Lakers in shots in every single one of those series. That was the Spurs’ goal. Anyone but Shaq.

Wemby either won’t be on him at all, or Jokic will be seeing a crowd after the first dribble.

You don’t just leave a guy on an island like what Finch is doing with Rudy :lol:

Which perceptions have people convinced themselves as of late? You know since EVERYONE is watching live now.

Obviously it looks rough, but the last 3 games have not been the same team. Jokic owns Rudy, but he owns just about everyone. You can say Naz might be a better matchup for the Wolves, but he can't stay on the court longer than 5 minutes without picking up 2 fouls. The team is missing wide open threes consistently (outside of ANT game 4), they're making bad decisions and as I said earlier - foul trouble is killing them. When you have to give big minutes to Kyle Anderson, there's a problem. Aaron Gordon is killing them. Wolves aren't doing their best on the glass. It's the whole team that's killing themselves.

Just going back through some YouTubes and it does seem like Wemby was on Jok quite a bit. He also had 29 “stocks” in 3 games against Denver compared to 9 in Goob’s 4 games this series.

Now those counting stats aren’t always everything, but when the numbers are so insanely overwhelming, it has to matter for something :lol:

At least you were saving AD because you need him to score. Gobert supposed to stopping the Aaron Gordon action Gordon is having a career series

Nuggets made the adjustment screening with Gordon more and having him bring the ball up the court. Forcing Gobert out of the paint.

Kat and Reid can't seem to recover back to Jokic, so that's leaves Gobert switched on Jokic.

So now what do you do? Do you start doubling and giving up dunks? Or do you let Jokic take and make tough shots against good defense?

All time great players leave you with impossible choices.

Just going back through some YouTubes and it does seem like Wemby was on Jok quite a bit. He also had 29 “stocks” in 3 games against Denver compared to 9 in Goob’s 4 games this series.

Now those counting stats aren’t always everything, but when the numbers are so insanely overwhelming, it has to matter for something :lol:
29 to 4!!!!????

I don't understand, isn't that what they did in the second half basically?

They had Gobert on him on an island and they didn't help?
I just watched the highlights which showed several plays of Rudy not on him giving up buckets getting caught in no mans land during the 2nd half. But i didnt watch the whole game so ill take your word for it.

Also KAT's deficiencies on that end cannot be ignored.

Nuggets made the adjustment screening with Gordon more and having him bring the ball up the court. Forcing Gobert out of the paint.

Kat and Reid can't seem to recover back to Jokic, so that's leaves Gobert switched on Jokic.

So now what do you do? Do you start doubling and giving up dunks? Or do you let Jokic take and make tough shots against good defense?

All time great players leave you with impossible choices.
No thats exactly it. Force him to keep making tough shots. Double him and the whole team goes off.

Realistically, nobody's asking Goober to shut him down. But, you at least need Ben Wallace/Shaq. If he's not capable of being a deterrent 1 on 1 when the time comes, why is he out there? They mixed up the looks G1-G2 and it worked albeit briefly with Naz/Kat/Slowmo in primary coverage on Jokic, but clearly the time for their repentance has come. :lol:

However, the most glaring issue will always be on the other end. MINN plays 4 on 5 with dude. I don't think it's worth having him out there extended minutes when he has to luck into baskets at 7'2".

Back
Top Bottom