The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Nori even mentioned it at one point..Wolves been going with the strategy of letting Jokic get his, but trying to limit what AG, Murray and MPJ do. Worked to perfection the first 2 games, but AG has stepped it up and he and Murray are both making some tough tough shots - along with AG out hustling the Wolves. Minnesota has always been trying to limit Jokics impact as a passer, but not only is he still making tough shots against solid 1-on-1 defending, everyone except MPJ is making their shots as well. You won't win if that's happening. Part of that is foul trouble, but they're letting AG and Murray get to their spots, the rotation has been late, and when the Wolves aren't making open shots, Denver kills them in transition. That's an important piece to it as well.

Realistically, nobody's asking Goober to shut him down. But, you at least need Ben Wallace/Shaq. If he's not capable of being a deterrent 1 on 1 when the time comes, why is he out there? They mixed up the looks G1-G2 and it worked albeit briefly with Naz/Kat/Slowmo in primary coverage on Jokic, but clearly the time for their repentance has come. :lol:

However, the most glaring issue will always be on the other end. MINN plays 4 on 5 with dude. I don't think it's worth having him out there extended minutes when he has to luck into baskets at 7'2".

Because they are get totally torched with Gobert one the bench!

This is the fact that Gobert haters just refuse to confront, they are getting totally killed when Gobert isn't out there.

You can talk about his limitations as much as you want but you have to confront this fact.

Also it's funny to talk about Gobert offensive limitations coming off a game where he shot 90% from the field.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
If your defensive gameplan is falling apart because your best defender is being hunted and fried alive, you either need a new best defender or a new gameplan. Maybe both.
What if, that is their best game plan? Have Jok go off and try and contain everything else?

AD ain't the 4x DPOTY 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah but you guys think he should be.

"AD should've won those DPOYs over Gobert"

"AD can't guard Jokic either"

"Yeah but AD wasn't the DPOY"

IMG_3182.jpeg

What if, that is their best game plan? Have Jok go off and try and contain everything else?

Nori even mentioned it at one point..Wolves been going with the strategy of letting Jokic get his, but trying to limit what AG, Murray and MPJ do. Worked to perfection the first 2 games, but AG has stepped it up and he and Murray are both making some tough tough shots - along with AG out hustling the Wolves. Minnesota has always been trying to limit Jokics impact as a passer, but not only is he still making tough shots against solid 1-on-1 defending, everyone except MPJ is making their shots as well. You won't win if that's happening. Part of that is foul trouble, but they're letting AG and Murray get to their spots, the rotation has been late, and when the Wolves aren't making open shots, Denver kills them in transition. That's an important piece to it as well.

It's not working anymore, we've seen what this is gonna get you, you have to try something else. I don't think it's as simple as pointing to Rudy and going "He's the whole problem", blame can be shared and we gotta share some with the coach putting him in that position.

I’ve seen AD’s defense completely blow up an offense in the playoffs. Draymond too. Same with Bam. Gobert? Not so much

Not his fault the Jazz paid him all of that money. Not his fault the Twolves traded all that capital to get him. Not his fault he’s been 4x DPOY. But with great power comes great responsibility.

I’ve seen AD’s defense completely blow up an offense in the playoffs. Draymond too. Same with Bam. Gobert? Not so much

Not his fault the Jazz paid him all of that money. Not his fault the Twolves traded all that capital to get him. Not his fault he’s been 4x DPOY. But with great power comes great responsibility.

There needs to be an overhaul in how these awards are given and the voting system.

International players are clearly getting an unwarranted boost that doesn't match what we're seeing on the court. Gobert being tied for most DPOY of all time is asinine.

There needs to be an overhaul in how these awards are given and the voting system.

International players are clearly getting an unwarranted boost that doesn't match what we're seeing on the court. Gobert being tied for most DPOY of all time is asinine.
That's not what's happening. All of the regular season awards can be gamified to an extent. The regular season in general has a lot of this.

I don’t understand calling Rudy’s defense into question because he can’t guard Jokic on an island :lol:

Anthony Davis can’t. Wemby is giving up 80 pounds. Whenever we get that series I guarantee Wemby will not be the primary.

Naaaa

Wemby is absolutely guarding him bro.

But we might not get that series for a while tho.

I think it has to do more with the times and the nba trying to turn big men into offensive linemen. Rudy is good dont get me wrong but hes closer to that Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler tier than he is to Big Ben, Dwight, Mutombo etc.

Not yet. We gotta get those playmaking badges up first. But I still think he’s a top 5 player in the league

As the only American hope we have currently I hope you are correct.

Time to change AAU. Too much focus on headtaps after dunks and not learning how to see the court and defend.

Back
Top Bottom