The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FF XVI and FF Rebirth were both fantastic games and should have been multiplatform. They already put the older FF games on every platform. It didnt make sense to make those PS exclusive when they know their sales goals havent been reached for years now. But that PS exclusive check must have felt good at the time.

Last edited:
I started Rebirth last weekend and spent my sessions getting no further than the grasslands. They definitely delivered on the open world experience and didn’t skimp on the content. Spent most of the time doing Chadley stuff. Currently just finished mythril mines. Games dope. Kind of shocked how quick materia levels, I’m not even at Junon yet and my most of my elementals are 2 stars and other yellow’s at 3 stars. In the OG you’d be lucky to be at that point by cosmo canyon with heavy grinding.

I finally got my bearings with this game, I kept trying to do too much with Cloud instead of rotating around to balance the abilities and damage. XVI was my last game and I was used to doing literally everything with Clive.

Lol, all these big publishers making these super expensive games are just now realizing paid exclusivity isnt the best thing to move units?
I don’t think Nintendo currently has hardware that can run FF VII Remake/Rebirth or FF XVI. I don’t know if FF sold well enough on Xbox to ignore that exclusivity check from PS. I know it’s not the case with everyone but you legit got dudes who won’t play a game on Xbox if it isn’t in game pass. I’m happy more will get to play these games in future and I’m interested in seeing how they perform with other platforms.

This is what stinks. Building a game is so capital and time intensive that a flop is almost a death sentence. Remember reading how the first crash game was built by 10 people. Need to multiple by 100 to make one on today’s platforms. I’m sure eventually AI will help a bit but that’s still years away.

That’s why I said I’d be content with PS360 era games with better graphics. I’d argue that majority of these AAA games don’t warrant a 5-7 yr dev cycle by the time we get it. I think there’s room for it for certain devs like Naughty Dog and Rockstar. I’m sure Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be great but I don’t know if it needs 5-7 yrs just to show the reflection in Jin’s eyes when he kills enemies :lol:

I’m curious as to why anyone would think GTA6 should take 12 years to develop other than the studio putting more resources into the V online experience than the core game because they discovered the cash cow magnitude that V online is. They did numbers on 3 different console gens with the exact same product. GTA V gotta be the most successful game of a time.

I’m curious as to why anyone would think GTA6 should take 12 years to develop other than the studio putting more resources into the V online experience than the core game because they discovered the cash cow magnitude that V online is. They did numbers on 3 different console gens with the exact same product. GTA V gotta be the most successful game of a time.

Of course they ended V because of the cash cow it was. That’s not even a question. But they were also developing RDR2 at the same time.

I wonder what SE expected for Rebirth. It’s a sequel on a console that has half the install base that the previous game had. It’s unfortunate though cause Rebirth is great. I hope they don’t skimp out on the final game of trilogy because of this.

Just stopped by to say I miss yall.

In the process of converting to the PC realm in anticpation of the Asetto Corsa EVO release - and being VR ready.

Just finished my first desktop build after going back and forth and sampling a couple of gaming laptops.

Hope 2024 is treating everyone good. Cheers.

First time playing—finished Last of Us Part 1, PS5 Remastered.

Confused about one character not dying I have my whole understanding of what I knew and saw in HBO S1 screwed up.

Don’t clarify anything for me any of you, gonna start Last of Us Part II soon.

Back
Top Bottom