FX’s Shōgun Thread - on Hulu and FX.

Speaking of which... Ive been meaning to check that out. How does it compare to the first season?
Your Honor? It was a great follow-up. Credit to the writers. They found ways to extend the plot lines from S1 seamlessly into S2 to wrap up the story. While some developments happen off camera the story didn’t feel forced at all.

Money talks.
But honestly Yabushige & Mariko was the whole show to me.

Wonder the direction they will go. Not really trying to see extended screen time of “Anjin”

PO
Historically in the Shogun era, the “peace” was maintained for about two centuries but the family drama/corruption eventually led to its fall. Not sure I’d care for a multi-season extension, but at least we might get flashbacks of the war that we never saw really take place in the finale.

However, I agree about not wanting it to be more focused on the Anjin. It has to remain Toranaga-centric. I’m sure folks will shoot at the throne, there could be enough there to keep it interesting.

just finished s1....show was incredible.

while i would look forward to more seasons, the ending felt complete and absolute to me...stayed true to the themes shown throughout the whole season.

Money talks.
But honestly Yabushige & Mariko was the whole show to me.

Wonder the direction they will go. Not really trying to see extended screen time of “Anjin”

PO

They could still build on the tension between him and his brother's betrayal, I suppose. Plus, there's always a new character trying to plot someone's downfall. But I'm completely happy with season 1 and can compartmentalize that the story is over, that I won't be as harsh over whatever fan-fiction they come up with for season 2:lol:

I went to Japan at the end of March, so watching the show was so cool considering I actually visited Osaka castle.

Recently dove into the details of the events around which Shogun was based and wanted to share some of it.

1715631561074.png

Oda Nobunaga = Lord Kuroda, the previous ruler before Taiko (killed by Akechi, Mariko's dad)

Toyotomi Hideyoshi = the Taiko who passed away

Toyotomi Hideyori = the young heir

Tokugawa Ieyasu = Toranaga

Edo Period = Era of Toranaga's rule as Shogun

Edo = modern day Tokyo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom