Nike Sabrina 2 - Cave Purple slated for June 28, 2024

These with some Tech Fleece
IMG_0142.png

Really impressed with this design. The overall aesthetic has a timeless look to it. The color-blocking is ripe for some excellent colorways.

The purple looks good too, just not my cup of tea. But I may be tempted to cop this first drop just cause the design is that good

Thats what I kinda meant about this design having a timeless look to it.

I'll haver to assess when I see them in person, but this really seems like a shoe that will have a ton of cross-over appeal and get used for casual gym/walking etc. Definitely has a streetwear-capable look to it, is what I'm getting at.

I don't wear hoop shoes I play in casually so as to prolong the life of the sole. I also wouldn't wear these casually over any other sneaker I already wear casually
use them as your pickle ball shoes, I'm sure you need a new pair to play pickle ball.

Both these and the 1 have that Kobe influence, but the 1s have more distinct features that separates them from Kobes if that makes any sense lol

Nonetheless, these look good. If they'll be on NBY, I'm in for at least two designs.

But why not just make more Kobe 5s and give her colorways? Or extend the Kobe line beyond the 360 and give her colorways? I could understand if they were making a better performance sneaker with subtle callbacks to Kobe models, but doesn’t this have less tech? Wouldn’t that amount to a takedown model of a 15-yo shoe? And we’re supposed to get excited about it cuz Nike refuses to release more of the actual thing we like?

But why not just make more Kobe 5s and give her colorways? Or extend the Kobe line beyond the 360 and give her colorways? I could understand if they were making a better performance sneaker with subtle callbacks to Kobe models, but doesn’t this have less tech? Wouldn’t that amount to a takedown model of a 15-yo shoe? And we’re supposed to get excited about it cuz Nike refuses to release more of the actual thing we like?
A few things come to mind - less tech may seem negative to us as consumers, but these are designed for Sabrina first and foremost. As much as it looks like a kobe 5, I have to assume she was still a part of the process in terms of tailoring the shoe to her playing wants and needs. Less tech also doesn't mean "worse" performer. It's also possible her PEs have different specs. This is something that different players and different bodies have different preferences for. If you're just wearing them casually, then I guarantee your feet will be fine in any modern performance hoops shoe. Full length zoom vs heel zoom and foam won't kill you if you just going to the mall lmao

Personally, I prefer full length zoom. I had been playing in full length zoom for like 5+ years until 2023 when I got lebron 20 and sabrina 1. I copped both of those for similar reasons - I like lebron, I like sabrina, I loved the ASG 20 colorway, I got the 20s with a gift card, and I loved that I was able to make a NY Liberty green colorway on nike ID with my friend's (former) swoosh account. I'll wear either or when I shoot around and I've played some games in both. But now that I'm coming off my 2nd meniscus surgery, I'm sticking to my full length zoom jordan 36 lows if/when I get back into playing. I personally want as much impact absorption and energy distribution and bounce back, and I'll get that with full length zoom. Sabrina 1s feel good to me but not great. They're made better for a smaller guard, and I'm 220lbs

Tech wise these aren’t far off protros. Zoom vs zoom turbo forefoot and lunar vs react and they come in at $60 cheaper retail and can be had for retail and under where as Kobe’s are damn near impossible for retail. If Nike is gonna continue the ****ery with the Kobe’s I’ll gladly take this homage/continuation line.

Last edited:
A few things come to mind - less tech may seem negative to us as consumers, but these are designed for Sabrina first and foremost. As much as it looks like a kobe 5, I have to assume she was still a part of the process in terms of tailoring the shoe to her playing wants and needs. Less tech also doesn't mean "worse" performer. It's also possible her PEs have different specs. This is something that different players and different bodies have different preferences for. If you're just wearing them casually, then I guarantee your feet will be fine in any modern performance hoops shoe. Full length zoom vs heel zoom and foam won't kill you if you just going to the mall lmao

Personally, I prefer full length zoom. I had been playing in full length zoom for like 5+ years until 2023 when I got lebron 20 and sabrina 1. I copped both of those for similar reasons - I like lebron, I like sabrina, I loved the ASG 20 colorway, I got the 20s with a gift card, and I loved that I was able to make a NY Liberty green colorway on nike ID with my friend's (former) swoosh account. I'll wear either or when I shoot around and I've played some games in both. But now that I'm coming off my 2nd meniscus surgery, I'm sticking to my full length zoom jordan 36 lows if/when I get back into playing. I personally want as much impact absorption and energy distribution and bounce back, and I'll get that with full length zoom. Sabrina 1s feel good to me but not great. They're made better for a smaller guard, and I'm 220lbs
As a full-length zoom enjoyer, I'd recommend you try the GT Hustle 2. I've picked up 2 and they are fantastic to ball in. Light and really good lock down, and the FLZ Strobel is bouncy as all get out. My 47 year old knees don't complain at all when I wear them. NDC has some color ways on huge discount right now and you can even use the summer25 on some of them.

Sabrina 2's marked as "Coming Soon" on Nike Europe, can't wait!

I don't know if this was already covered in this thread, but apparently this launch colorway is gonna be called "Court Vision."

Back
Top Bottom