The Official NBA Thread

Also can we stop pretending the wolves aren’t stacked?

4 current/former all-stars and the current 6moty

Finch coty candidate too.

Ant is great but he couldn’t do it on his own.

*Whispers* Kevin Durant might be there for the Knicks. *Whispers*

That’s actually been going around lately. I was talking about it yesterday during the game. Funny :lol:

Then there’s always the “Devin Booker is a CAA client” one too. :lol:

1714402134931.png

Lamelo is good when he’s healthy. Problem with him has been availability mostly.

Also the Suns can add Spoelstra as their coach, they’d still lose in the first round. That team needs to be completely rebuilt.

All stars take tough shots. One guy doesn’t get to the foul line though.

Everyone the hornets have dealt is on a playoff team. Yeah they were wild dysfunctional but they had talent. Let’s not act like the timberwolves were a model franchise. They picked #1 for a reason

But what are they now and what team is currently on the floor?

Also Ant is #4 in the league in usage rate while simultaneously being #35 in Impact Rating, for context the other players rounding out the top 5 in usage rate this season are Jokic at Luka, Giannis, Shai and Wemby.

Every other player with a Usage rate in the top 5 in the league are top 10 in Player Impact Estimate. Luka at #2 only behind Jokic, Giannis #3, Shai #4, Wemby at #8.

Ant is a great young player but he is not the player y'all think he is right now to say he can take a 21 win Hornets team and make them a playoff team, he's not that guy right now. And that's ok.

1714402318290.png 1714402266858.png

It's actually a valid stat especially when people start the "scoring from everywhere on the court" and "most skilled talk". ESPECIALLY when the knock against Lamelo that y'all have is that he isn't efficient whole time him and Ant basically have the same efficiency yall just like it Ant so it's ignored.

Once again I do not hate Ant.

So Ant doesn't take bad shots? Is that what you're saying? Also please show me the other options Lamelo has on the team that are of the same level of players that Ant has around him in Minny?

Lets be objective here.
So you’re still not gonna acknowledge the numbers from every spot on the floor and are saying efg = scoring from all over the court

Stubborn

Also can we stop pretending the wolves aren’t stacked?

4 current/former all-stars and the current 6moty

Finch coty candidate too.

Ant is great but he couldn’t do it on his own.
I have been on the wolves are #1 on the no excuses list since last summer. But I guess it’s cool to say it now

But what are they now and what team is currently on the floor?

Also Ant is #4 in the league in usage rate while simultaneously being #35 in Impact Rating, for context the other players rounding out the top 5 in usage rate this season are Jokic at Luka, Giannis, Shai and Wemby.

Every other player with a Usage rate in the top 5 in the league are top 10 in Player Impact Estimate. Luka at #2 only behind Jokic, Giannis #3, Shai #4, Wemby at #8.

Ant is a great young player but he is not the player y'all think he is right now to say he can take a 21 win Hornets team and make them a playoff team, he's not that guy right now. And that's ok.

1714402318290.png 1714402266858.png
What’s his impact rating in the playoffs this year?

What’s his impact rating in the playoffs this year?

You said Ant would lead the Hornets to the playoffs. His playoff stats in a 4 game sample size isn't relevant to this argument.

Also he had a game this series where he was 3-12 from the field with only 15 points and his TEAM STILL WON.

You said Ant would lead the Hornets to the playoffs. His playoff stats in a 4 game sample size isn't relevant to this argument.

Also he had a game this series where he was 3-12 from the field with only 15 points and his TEAM STILL WON.
Guys have duds in the playoffs. It happens. But he almost has a triple double that game and was a terror on defense

Ant been a leader. Can’t pull up a stat for that.

You also have to consider their situations.

Surround Lamelo with this Wolves roster they probably win the same amount of regular season games.

Ant is better, but I don’t think he’s good enough to get this Hornets team into the playoffs.

KD leaking again.

Windy made a good point about Ishbia.

That he comes from the business world where things aren't zero-sum because of growth

And if you capture a good chunk of the growth, you can be successful, even though you don't steal your competitor's business.

The NBA is zero-sum, for one team to get better, another has to do worse.

And failure to realize that, leads guys like him into trouble

You also have to consider their situations.

Surround Lamelo with this Wolves roster they probably win the same amount of regular season games.

Ant is better, but I don’t think he’s good enough to get this Hornets team into the playoffs.

Nah they don't believe that.

Ant on the Hornets is a 50 win team according to them.

If next season goes bad, KD will probably be traded. Any contender with picks will pick up the phone

Seems like since you had to concede the previous point you are now trying to again argue that the Suns are still in a much worse-off position than I realize.

But again, I fully understand what position they are in. I'm not worried, it is what it is.

I guess we're arguing semantics. I think Phoenix is screwed until 2030, not "well into the 2030s". Given the current CBA it's literally impossible for an NBA team to screw themselves for a decade.

Also, I don't think a 36-year-old Kevin Durant will have as much value as you think:

1. Age and injuries
2. He has a habit of forcing his way out of situations he doesn't like, It would be a huge risk for a contender to give up major assets for a aging player with a history of forcing trades. Not to mention KD is a free agent in two years.

The centerpiece of the Suns offer was Jae Crowder and two 2nds.

Crowder was at home, and not playing. Collins averaged 15 and 8 this season

So you're telling me you aren't making that trade?
Would've had to include another guy or two, I think.

Trying to size up was a step in the right direction for that group.
Windy made a good point about Ishbia.

That he comes from the business world where things aren't zero-sum because of growth

And if you capture a good chunk of the growth, you can be successful, even though you don't steal your competitor's business.

The NBA is zero-sum, for one team to get better, another has to do worse.

And failure to realize that, leads guys like him into trouble
One of the under-talked about aspects of all the new owners in the last 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom