The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been on Helldivers 2 this past month. Game is really fun with friends/co-op. Not sure if it can sustain, but so far has been a blast

Gamepass subscription stagnating should come as no surprise. Phil Spencer said that he wants Gamepass to be the “Netflix for video games.” The problem here is that many, many, many more people watch movies and shows than play video games which is a niche activity. This was bound to happen.

I won't say its niche. Gaming is bigger than TV/movies and music combined.

The problem is video games take far longer to consume than TV. I can binge multiple shows on Netflix in a month whilst something like FFXVI or FFVII Rebirth will take me months to be done with. I might as well buy the game at that point since I get to keep it permanently and will cost the same or even less.

Maybe the expectations for video games are just too big. I’d gladly take PS360 experiences with better graphics if it meant we got games that didn’t take whole generations to make. We really got back Gears 1-3 and Uncharted 1-3 from 2006-2011.

Oh we are pulling receipts now?

Jurassic World Evolution, Ark: Survival Evolved, Far Cry Primal, Horizon 1/2, and a little game called Lawnmowing Simulator Dino Safari DLC make me the PREEMINENT EXPERT, SIR.

Skill based combat in FF7 rebirth is actually a challenge. There’s some fights I legit can’t beat unless I grind or get better gear/materia that can combat some of these status ailments. Also think it’s kind of dumb that you have to fill the ATB meter to use spells or items, you’re basically forced to be aggressive even if you need to heal yourself. I find myself dying because I’m low health but need to the fill the bar so I’m forced to go on the offensive when I shouldn’t be. It’s a weird balance.
It's been like that with the OG final fantasy. It's not a button mashing game but requires strategy . Once you get used to it, beating bosses are just a walk in the park. Always consider the equipment that you are using and cycle them depending on the enemy's capability. Brings back memories of frustration when I was fighting both ruby and emerald weapon in the OG. And that was the time when I didn't have a strategy guide. Those monsters were unbeatable before I learned it was easy with proper items used.

Bloom.png

Source:

Back
Top Bottom