Nike Air 180 OG

If we were really honest with ourselves, we probably have 12-15 actual favorites (maybe somewhat more) nobody really needs a ****load of shoes. As somr point you get decision paralysis and default to the ones you love or what’s easiest.

So true. I had to be honest with myself when I sold the last majority of my collection a few years ago. 135 pairs at once. I kept about 4 pairs from everything that was slated to go (both OG colors of the Big Hurts, the only retro of the original Sinbad commercial Blacktop Battleground Pump, and my original Kamikaze 1 retro). That was it.

Now I am going to work on the pseudo non wearable shoes that will go on eBay. Just hope the authentication idiots don't destroy OG shoes. First pair is the OG Foamposite Max Tim Duncan shoe. Totally not wearable but I only wore them like 3 times so a perfect pair for a collector to seal up in plastic wrap to keep on the shelve. Plan on bubble wrapping them. Just hope the Ebay people don't mess them up. 😞

I’m very honest

And that’s why I’m not gonna lie to myself and say I’d be good with 12 pairs

That’s just me tho

Anyways these are up on SNKRS

IMG_1788.png

So someone at Nike came to their sense and came clean with the official description, canning the 1:1, stitch for stitch bs:

"We’ve seen several reissues in the years since its original introduction, but now the cult classic Air 180 returns in a form closer to the 1991 original than we’ve seen before. An updated upper shape and an updated 180-degree visible Air unit come together for the updated execution, all outfitted in the original “Ultramarine” colorway that started it all."

the last ones were great? i dunno if it was a 1:1 3d scanned stitch for stitch retro but...even the NT investigation squad seemed pretty pleased with how they turned out
Shape was fantastic. Most were spot on, but for some reason the emerald/resin pair got white edges. Something I could easily look past if every other OG colorway wasn’t done properly.

the last ones were great? i dunno if it was a 1:1 3d scanned stitch for stitch retro but...even the NT investigation squad seemed pretty pleased with how they turned out
ADVERTISEMENT​
The leather on them is buttery soft and they're hella comfortable. The heel tab got sorted, the shape revised and that phylon midsole...Damn... Cherry on top the grooves were done correctly. I'd say they're pretty darn close! Strangely enough one CW is tighter than the other though.

Back
Top Bottom