The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

ALWAYS rooting for the 💎

For the ones who've followed Dustin since Fightville, him finally winning the undisputed would be so damn special. Would be the greatest moment in the sport.

I just don't see how he pulls this off. Islam finishes this within 3 and ties the defense record.
I’m fairly certain I’m one of the biggest Dustin supporters on here. Always been easy to pull for and exciting *** performer

just ready for him and the other older lw’s to move out of the title picture

For the sport I’m hoping Islam does what he’s supposed to do. I don’t want to have Dustin as champ then retire or end up fighting Conor again for the belt

I'm also pulling for Dustin but him stopping the takedowns just seems so unlikely. Will be interesting how long Islam trades with him though.

Also I know it would his 3rd title defense but compared to Khabibs opponents It doesn't seem that impressive. Like if he'd taken Charles out again as originally scheduled I think I'd look at this in higher regard. But hey since that one loss he's looked mostly dominant outside of the first Volk fight.

Khabib fought Dustin too.

Khabib also fought a McGregor coming off of a year or year and a half MMA layoff. The last was Gaethje.

However you feel about him…Volk was P4P 1-2 when they fought. He KO’d him in one fight. Islam just building his legacy.

They’re also much different fighters. Islam seems more well rounded. Whereas Khabib’s strengths were that incredible wrestling and GnP. Their sub games are comparable. Khabib might have the better chin but that could be because he was less of a risk taker.

I just want to see Islam fight more. He’s special. So at least give us 2X fight a year during this time. And a more complete body of work.

Khabib already beat two of the best in the division. Fundamentally Islam was already behind the 8 ball in terms of “impressing” compared to khabib’s legacy

After beating oliveria what else is he supposed to do to impress more than khabib. He basically can’t

The division really isn’t that interesting. I’ve said this for a while now: it’s Khabibs leftovers and then a bunch of dudes who are probably worse than Islam (gamrot, Arman, fiziev)

Wish bsd didn’t get staph for the Dustin fight smh

I do think BSD will eventually fight for the title bit whether it's 25' or 26' with Islam still around is another question.

If Islam beats DP then Arman I wouldn't be surprised at all if he moved up or did another "super fight ". Depending what happens end of the month could throw a wrench in things though.

I look at the division a bit differently. It just shows how hard it is to make your way up the ladder at 55. Yeah, older vets sat on their rankings for a while, but Chandler aside, they ended up giving guys their opportunities. Arman was the only one who capitalized on it. Fiziev, BSD, and Benny were supposed to be the other ones rounding the top with him.

Watching the mmafighting preview show: uh why are they saying Dustin is only a top 7-10 all time LW????

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a long time

Back
Top Bottom