THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a love/hate relationship with adidas, they make it hard to like them. I liked the products before this new wave of hype from ae and the new found love of hardens people have now. I can tell you now they don’t know what they’re doing.Every year the 1st 2 colorways drop/leak a month early on finishline/ jd’s and get pulled in 24hours. Now that the masses loved the harden 7s and really want the 8s we’re 3 colors in and no retailers have them. This is coming after the 5 were garbage and them releasing 50 colors of them. They took the Trae 1s which was a great shoe, and made the Trae 2 unplayable, all they had to do was wear test them and loosen up the ankle collar, that line is destroyed. Go on StockX/goat and search the harden 5 and Trae2 (their worst shoes) and look how many different colorways they had between them. then look how many harden 7s/8s and ae1s we’re scheduled to get.
Currently I think they’re too focused on trying to capitalize off Kobe’s passing. Dames line on court has been their most consistent in term of performance and we have no idea if there will even be a 9.

That's probably a bit of recency bias. Harden 1-3's were pretty beloved. You can check this forum to see that. 4 seemed liked the drop-off and then the 5-6 didn't help.

The design changed completely, more modern, and people jumped back in as they should.

Agree on the Trae 2. I actually like the shoe aesthetically but it's worse than the 1 in every way and is impossible to get on and cuts off circulation while on.

Do seem right on the releases being weird for Hardens being so popular.

That's probably a bit of recency bias. Harden 1-3's were pretty beloved. You can check this forum to see that. 4 seemed liked the drop-off and then the 5-6 didn't help.

The design changed completely, more modern, and people jumped back in as they should.

Agree on the Trae 2. I actually like the shoe aesthetically but it's worse than the 1 in every way and is impossible to get on and cuts off circulation while on.

Do seem right on the releases being weird for Hardens being so popular.
No doubt the 1-3s were widely loved. I don’t know if it was just a different time pre StockX/Goat or if they cut production #s on shoes. But I Got My drew league 3s and iron man 3s from the outlets. Under 100$. I got all my 2s for 105$+tax before footlocker killed the coupon game.. 1s were the same I got the tan prime knits for around 60$ at the outlets. … 4s were divisive either hated or loved em. 5s were hated but probably had the most colors launch . 6s sat despite being beasts. 7s sat and were coupon eligible til about halfway through the cycle then exploded in popularity. Storm trooper 7s were the only ones to move in their 1st week but when the 7s caught it’s been a wildfire ever since. All stock moved. And since Halloween all pairs have been gone day 1 across multiple sites. Now with the 8s and the Ae’s adc has been sold out on every release on day 1. And whatever dropped on footlocker has only lasted a week. Could be them limiting production but adidas never had this level of engagement.
The biggest tell was the Shock that people had finding out about adidas 3am releases when they’ve been that way at least since 2014.

Back
Top Bottom