The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Goober is a really good defender. I’d have no problem with having on my team, French and goofy and all.

My main issue is that he’s been given accolades that put him on a pedestal that he shouldn’t remotely be on because he is very obviously not on some step above a bunch of his contemporaries.

1. DPOY is a regular season award.
2. if you wanna talk playoffs show me the player you think should have won those DPOY's

go through the DPOY winner every year.
they eventually end up getting fried at some point in the playoffs.

one defender is just only worth so much.

Marcus Smart didn't stop Steph Curry
Gannis couldn't stop Jimmy Butler
Draymond couldn't do anything with Lebron and the cavs.
Kawhi got cooked by KD

The combo of his contract, pathetic offense, and the fact that he’s really not making any kind of significant impact in this series rightfully opens him up to some criticism.

people just can't be reasonble about Rudy for some reason. :lol:

Denver's entire strategy and adjustments are built around getting him away from the rim and out of the paint and they are defending well with gobert on the court

obviously he has an impact.

KAT is fine in an aggressive defensive scheme (see 2022), where he can show and even switch. What he can't do is defend the rim. So in that sense, Minnesota made the correct move in trading for the ultimate rim protector in Gobert.
yup.

my main problem with the Gobert trade is Gobert's age. but the rationale made sense.

you'll never build a championship level D with Towns at Center, traditional two big lineups and rim protection were coming back into vogue. it made total sense on the court.

the question in my mind was will Ant reach his prime fast enough before Rudy gets too old.

Who was the spicy P fan?

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

1715619196822.png

bench players talking like starters....

who should have won DPOY?

Anthony Davis? did he stop Jokic? Nope.
Wemby? Jokic is currently averaging 33, 11 and 8 against Wemby.

The reality is in the modern NBA great offense beats great defense 99% of the time. this isn't the 1960's anymore.

Once again, I don't know what you talking about. I'm not judging the best defenders by what you do vs Jokic. AD, Wemby even Bam is a better defender than Gobert.

Gobert as one of your max players is not smart

they had one of their best seasons in the history of the franchise were up 2-0 on the champs.

Gobert’s rim gravity in the playoffs is overrated

they are defending the pretty well with Gobert on the court against the defending champs and the best offensive player in basketball.

and totally shut down the Suns. there defense is way better than with was before Gobert.

what about his rim protection is overrated. seems to properly rated to me.

they had one of their best seasons in the history of the franchise were up 2-0 on the champs.

they are defending the pretty well with Gobert on the court against the defending champs and the best offensive player in basketball.

and totally shut down the Suns. there defense is way better than with was before Gobert.

what about his rim protection is overrated. seems to properly rated to me.
Rim gravity not protection although that’s been sus in previous playoffs too

Winning a first round series gets you no credit. The bar is set a little higher than this

if the wolves end up winning this series a lot will change. Although I’ve seen him get roasted and I’ve seen them roast without him

Y'all talking about Golbert all morning when my guy elpablo21 elpablo21 tryna hear some more NFL vs. NBA discourse.

the weird thing about the NFL vs NBA even if the NFL players are right, they still look crazy.

if NFL players are right and they could play in the NBA.
that means they are willingly choosing to get paid less, have a shorter careers and a lifetime of CTE.

couldn't be me.

the weird thing about the NFL vs NBA even if the NFL players are right, they still look crazy.

if NFL players are right and they could play in the NBA.
that means they are willingly choosing to get paid less, have a shorter careers and a lifetime of CTE.

couldn't be me.
Agree with all this

But I am just trolling elpablo21 elpablo21 because he was teasing me about me not wanting to hear about that stupid *** beef between Kendrick and Drake.

And he now doesn't want to here about the NFL and NBA thing.

Payback season :smokin

Back
Top Bottom