The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

People didn't hate Duncan either, and its mostly about what sort of relationship you have with media.

Jokic doesn't care about endorsements, he doesn't seek out media production or turn himself into a brand. He's done a commercial or two, he gives honest commentary but it doesn't seem like he has much care towards leveraging his basketball career for American commercial purposes. Even if they didn't do it to Bron's level, all those guys (steph, KD, Book) etc. now chase that because that's where American values are, always scaling up.

When guys specifically don't really care about that in the same way, they don't get the adulation but they also get less hate. Kids and bag twitter have you thinking Kobe was the undisputed GOAT of his era while no one even ever mentions Duncan anymore. Duncan much to the same of Jokic never really pursued commercial opportunities and for that same reason, never got the level of hype/accliam that Kobe got. Has less haters too.

I would even group Kawhi in that category too. Kawhi has two rings but has spent half the past decade injured and escapes a lot of flame for basically blowing the Clippers into oblivion.

Something WASHED KING would say 💀
IMG_0432.jpeg

That's not my Twitter.

I don't run an NBA twitter account, not tryna scare the women.

People didn't hate Duncan either, and its mostly about what sort of relationship you have with media.

Jokic doesn't care about endorsements, he doesn't seek out media production or turn himself into a brand. He's done a commercial or two, he gives honest commentary but it doesn't seem like he has much care towards leveraging his basketball career for American commercial purposes. Even if they didn't do it to Bron's level, all those guys (steph, KD, Book) etc. now chase that because that's where American values are, always scaling up.

When guys specifically don't really care about that in the same way, they don't get the adulation but they also get less hate. Kids and bag twitter have you thinking Kobe was the undisputed GOAT of his era while no one even ever mentions Duncan anymore. Duncan much to the same of Jokic never really pursued commercial opportunities and for that same reason, never got the level of hype/accliam that Kobe got. Has less haters too.

I would even group Kawhi in that category too. Kawhi has two rings but has spent half the past decade injured and escapes a lot of flame for basically blowing the Clippers into oblivion.

Kawhi gets hate for sure.

Just looked at the box score from last night's game again. Michael Malone had Jokic pushing 40 minutes in a 45 point game?

Very irresponsible.
Nah quite the opposite. Jokic said he stayed in so he didn’t cool down before his weight session after the game.

A lot of Gobert haters quiet today, which one is it? He's only responsible for getting smoked? Never for the w's eh
I’m so confused about the narrative in this thread today. I figured Murray going 4-18 would be the focus today, but apparently Jokic didn’t show up and is a fraud and Rudy got lucky last night 🤣

To be clear: calling Ant or Jokic a fraud in this series is equally laughable.

Back
Top Bottom