Adidas NMD thread

Shout out to @chowfun89 for helping out with removal of the stripes. Finally took off the stripes from my Grey Tri-colors last night. I included a side by side with the White Camo's for comparison if anyone was interested.
did you just acetone on the inside and wait for it to peel on its own?

To somebody asking about the pink NMD with grey plug and grey NMD with pink plug, those will be Offspring exclusive available 1/20

Last edited:

repped! you have a tutorial somewhere that we can follow?? :D 
It was pretty simple to complete. Requires Acetone and a toothbrush. All you have to do is take the laces off, then fill a plastic spray bottle with acetone. This makes it easier to apply to the inside of the sneaker. I generously sprayed acetone to both the outside and inside of the stripe area. After soaking for about 2-3 minutes, the glue behind the stripes should be loosened up. I peeled off the corner of the stripe using my finger nail, then pulled the whole stripe down to remove it. If you're struggling to remove the stripe, just spray some more on. You will be left with a strip of glue or partial residue where the stripe was, just use your finger nail and slowly scratch it/peel away. Apply more acetone if you have too. Use a toothbrush to get the hard to reach areas or as an alternative to your finger nail for the fine touchup at the end. I would also advise wiping the acetone off of the boost material if contact is made. It won't do any damage to the primeknit, but it could accelerate yellowing or cause other harm. Then i threw them in the wash on cold and let them air dry over night. Took maybe 35-45 minutes to complete. 

C2fMS0yUAAAk6RP.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom