I Was Sent This Petition To Repeal Columbus Day

Why can’t a compromise be met & anoint another Italian who did GOOD for this country/world as someone who should be celebrated on a national level?

Can I still get the day off?

But in al seriousness yes. **** cristobal. Contrived historical figure. Celebrating a colonizer who was part of eradicating large numerous tribes throughout the Western Hemisphere. Nah we ain't with that.

Don't even take this day seriously and it's confusing but I see it's started to little by little. Erase this clown from the calendar.

Typical white-washing. Certain people benefited from his evil actions so they're torn.

If your great great grandfather pulled a kick-door on a beautiful mansion, killed the residents, secured the rights and left the mansion in your name, now you and your current family are living in a house that's paid for, and you have all the say-so and power in the home, it would be kinda hard for you to curse his name, even though you know it was paid for with blood.

First off i could care less about Christopher Columbus.

But do people really believe that if Christopher Columbus didn't do what he did that nobody else from another nation would do the exact same thing given the opportunity ?

I'm enjoying the day off from work, but I'm seriously wondering why 9/11 can't be a day off (swap w/ Columbus Day?)

Or, if you want to get rid of Columbus Day and are looking for a day off in October, move Halloween to the last Saturday of the month and give everyone that Friday off. If Thanksgiving can have a different date every year, so can Halloween.

Would be my first move as President. That, and moving the Super Bowl to Saturday.

First off i could care less about Christopher Columbus.

But do people really believe that if Christopher Columbus didn't do what he did that nobody else from another nation would do the exact same thing given the opportunity ?
What difference does this make exactly?

And what is the ‘exact same thing’ that you’re referencing?

Back
Top Bottom