Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

20240521_191302.jpg

If one more person tries to trade me Military Blue 4s for these I'm gon delete Tradeblock

They really thought those was finna be the tradebait sneaker of the summer. WRONG!
This ONLY works if you have multiples OR you are either so busy you can't catch any of the million restocks of the MB4s or just to technologically inept to cop.

Both are valued similarly, however, MBs were way more available. WCs were reasonably available, but didn't restock or sit as long as the MBs, thus the WCs are viewed as being worth more. And, of course WCs are the more popular colorway.

Both are valued similarly, however, MBs were way more available. WCs were reasonably available, but didn't restock or sit as long as the MBs, thus the WCs are viewed as being worth more. And, of course WCs are the more popular colorway.

This ultimately is the kind of math that makes Tradeblock hard to navigate. Value in Tradeblock ends up being made up of a bunch of stuff outside of actual market value. I SHOULD be able to throw $50-60 military blue 4s and trade for white cement 3s. But you’d be hard pressed to get someone to take that trade for the reasons you mentioned above. Personally I think that’s dumb. If you want more than your shoe is worth either slap a “not likely to trade” label on it or keep it off the app.

The fee structure also disincentivizes trades as well.

This ultimately is the kind of math that makes Tradeblock hard to navigate. Value in Tradeblock ends up being made up of a bunch of stuff outside of actual market value. I SHOULD be able to throw $50-60 military blue 4s and trade for white cement 3s. But you’d be hard pressed to get someone to take that trade for the reasons you mentioned above. Personally I think that’s dumb. If you want more than your shoe is worth either slap a “not likely to trade” label on it or keep it off the app.

The fee structure also disincentivizes trades as well.

Part of the problem is the types of people this hobby attracts. It's a lot of dudes out there who see themselves as "hustlers" and always trying to get over on somebody else. That makes up for 98% of nonsense trade proposals on TradeBlock.

Like bro, nobody finna trade you some Pine Green SBIVs for 3 pairs of cream color Yeezy 350s just because they "add up" to the same monetary number. They not "worth" the same in 2024.

The app also doesn't take into account that so much of this hobby is about what's new and hot RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately for them there's no way to quantify that

Part of the problem is the types of people this hobby attracts. It's a lot of dudes out there who see themselves as "hustlers" and always trying to get over on somebody else. That makes up for 98% of nonsense trade proposals on TradeBlock.

Like bro, nobody finna trade you some Pine Green SBIVs for 3 pairs of cream color Yeezy 350s just because they "add up" to the same monetary number. They not "worth" the same in 2024.

The app also doesn't take into account that so much of this hobby is about what's new and hot RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately for them there's no way to quantify that

There are 2 types of traders that absolutely ruin trade block for me.

Resellers who try to come up on folks looking for in demand shoes and capitalize on folks unloading less popular shoes in their closet. I’ve had folks want as much as $200 in their favor for a shoe barely worth $400.

And collectors that don’t actually want to give anything up even if you have something on their wishlist you’re willing to offer.

I think there some common sense involved when it comes to who’s got the upper hand when equal value shoes are involved but most folks on the app take it too far. I just spam my offers to everyone with the shoe I’m looking for and they either take it or they don’t. I’m not spending anymore time than I need to

Never used or looked at that app, but I fundamentally don't really get the purpose of acquiring shoes that way. From what I always see you guys saying about it, UNLESS you can find someone willing to get got, what is even the point? If I have a shoe that's roughly actually worth the same as the shoe I want, why wouldn't I just sell it and use the money to buy the other pair? Why even hassle with all this trading nonsense? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom