Official Big Xii Tournament Thread - Sprint Center, March 13-16

Here's the schedule for the tournament:

[table][tr][td]Thursday, March 13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 1: No. 8 Texas Tech vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State
(ESPN2) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]11:30 a.m.
Gametracker [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 2: No. 5 Baylor vs. No. 12 Colorado
(ESPN Plus and ESPNU) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]2:00 p.m.
Gametracker [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 3: No. 7 Nebraska vs. No. 10 Missouri
(ESPN Plus) | Postgame Press Conference
[/td] [td]6:00 p.m.
Gametracker [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 4: No. 6 Texas A&M vs. No. 11 Iowa State
(ESPN2) | Postgame Press Conference
[/td] [td]8:30 p.m.
Gametracker [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Friday, March 14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 5: No. 1 Texas vs. Game 1 Winner
(ESPN Plus and ESPNU) | Postgame Press Conference
[/td] [td]11:30 a.m.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 6: No. 4 Oklahoma vs. Game 2 Winner
(ESPN Plus and ESPNU) | Postgame Press Conference
[/td] [td]2:00 p.m.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 7: No. 2 Kansas vs. Game 3 Winner
(ESPN Plus) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]6:00 p.m. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 8: No. 3 Kansas State vs. Game 4 Winner
(ESPN Plus) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]8:20 p.m.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Saturday, March 15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 9: Friday afternoon winners
(ESPN Plus & ESPN2*) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]1:00 p.m.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 10: Friday evening winners
(ESPN Plus & ESPN2*) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]3:20 p.m.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, March 16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 11: Semifinal winners
(ESPN) | Postgame Press Conference[/td] [td]2:00 p.m.[/td] [/tr][/table]* - Telecast shown on ESPN Plus stations in Big 12 markets, on ESPN2 nationally

Pretty important games for a couple of teams to solidify a place in the NCAA tourney (Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas A&M).

My predictions:
Second Round
Oklahoma State vs. Texas
Baylor vs. Oklahoma
Missouri vs. Kansas
Texas A&M vs. Kansas State
Semi-Finals
Texas vs. Baylor
Kansas vs. Texas A&M
Finals
Texas vs. Kansas

2007-2008 Big Xii Champion
Kansas Jayhawks

This is going to end up being the most interesting tournament, imo. Can't wait, wish more of it would be televised where I'm at.

I'm sure a lot of the games will be one ESPN360, but the only one tomorrow that looks like it won't be televised is Colorado/Baylor. I'm sure therea few other sites somewhere that will have it. I'm sure I'll get it on ESPN+ since I'm in Big Xii area
tongue.gif

B-EASY FTW. k-state is gonna have a solid showing (def semis, and finals is a strong possibility) and get a 5 or 6 seed.
Kansas vs. Texas A&M
nope. that'll be kansas vs KANSAS STATE. did you forget k-state beat a&m by 20?

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

B-EASY FTW. k-state is gonna have a solid showing (def semis, and finals is a strong possibility) and get a 5 or 6 seed.
Kansas vs. Texas A&M
nope. that'll be kansas vs KANSAS STATE. did you forget k-state beat a&m by 20?

Did you forget that Texas A&M beat Texas by 20, then lost to Texas a couple of weeks later by 20? That one game doesn't mean anything. Y'allbeat Nebraska by 15 the first time y'all played, then lost the next game. But by your logic, y'all were gonna win that game easily. Your logic sucks.Get off B-Easy's @+!@ for a minute.

The way to gameplan to beat Kansas State has been figured out. The outcome of the game will rely on whether Turgeon uses it or not.

the first two rounds are on espn full court if you have it.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p5s6PTY8EbVyN_8fL8fsmZQ

i gotta think it ends up being ku v. texas with ku winning. i hope ok state makes a run and gets in. kstate has be awful away from home (who hasn't though)but maybe k city is close enough for them to be comfortable.

tmay it cracks me up that you actually type out "y'all". makes me look forward to my next trip to texas. mostly for the weather though. :tongue:

Originally Posted by goldfingerks21

tmay it cracks me up that you actually type out "y'all". makes me look forward to my next trip to texas. mostly for the weather though. :tongue:

laugh.gif
What can I say man, I'm Texan and proud of it
happy.gif

I wish the bracket would have worked out so that we could see another Texas vs. Texas A&M game in the semi-finals or finals. I just don't see TexasA&M advancing to the finals having to play Kansas...unless Nebraska or Missouri knock off Kansas...

mostly for the weather though. :tongue:
sick.gif
What time of year are you coming? Unless you come during about a two week stretch in April or October, the weather here is absolutelyterrible...

I'm gonna stand on a flimsy limb here... Texas A&M FTW...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

mostly for the weather though. :tongue:
sick.gif
What time of year are you coming? Unless you come during about a two week stretch in April or October, the weather here is absolutely terrible...

I'm gonna stand on a flimsy limb here... Texas A&M FTW...

Terrible? I wouldn't say that. he wheather is genrally good if you ask me, except when the summer months are extremely hot. But other than thatWinter is great because there is not snow or ice to deal w/, the Spring is like an early summer, and the fall (starting in late October), is also prettynice.

Now for the tournament, glad to see us seeded well let's just hope it pays off.

tmay - would you be a texan if you weren't proud of it? i don't think there is one without the other.

Nowitness - i don't know what you're talking about but we're in the 40's and about to get some snow in ny and you guys are 75 and clear. wannatrade?

i see kansas taking this because i can't see those seniors letting anyone take it from them.

Hopefully we use the Big 12 tourney as a beginning to a journey that ends in San Antonio....
pimp.gif

Nowitness - i don't know what you're talking about but we're in the 40's and about to get some snow in ny and you guys are 75 and clear. wanna trade?
It seems nice now, but check back tomorrow. It'll be 35 and rainy.
laugh.gif
I can't tell you how many times already this year I've been inshorts one day and bundled up the next. And just wait til the summer. 102 degrees and bad humidity...
sick.gif
Makes Vegas feel like a cool winter afternoon...

I hate cold weather, so obviously Texas is better than New York, but it's not exactly something I'd look forward to if I were coming to visit.

Originally Posted by tmay407

OSU knocks off Texas Tech 76-72.

ya, i like osu. eaton is cool. it's too bad they'll have to win the tourney to get in. i still can't believe they didn't make the tourneylast yr with boggan and curry. smfh.

Damnit. Colorado blows. They're losing this damn 15 point lead. Down to only 1 point now...

More like "the hell is Colorado doin"...They were up 15 damn points, and went away from what got 'em up by that much. I hate when teams get up bya lot halfway through the second half and go in to a damn spread offense, taking the full shot clock before putting a shot. Always comes back to cost 'em.

Back
Top Bottom