Question about The Wire

So I've been hearing great things about this show, and wanna check it out. I can't find Season 1 anywhere right now, so my question is this...Is thisone of those shows that you need to watch every episode of every season to get, or can I start with Season 2 and be alright?

Do yourself a favor and start with season one. It's the best show ever. Buy all the seasons.

Each season has a themes that gets "tied up" in the next season, so it would be helpful if you watched all seasons. Maybe not each episode, but itwouldn't be a waste of time if you did. Great series
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

So I've been hearing great things about this show, and wanna check it out. I can't find Season 1 anywhere right now, so my question is this...Is this one of those shows that you need to watch every episode of every season to get, or can I start with Season 2 and be alright?

i started with season 3 but went back and watched them all...start from season 1 trust me...hit up your local video stores TV section...its old you canprob rent the whole season for under $10

i started with season 3, then 1, 2, 4.

i recommend starting with season 1. its definitely worth it.

Thanks for the help. I'm going home this weekend, which means I'll be able to pick up Season 1 for around $30. I'll take everyone's word for itthat this show really is so great.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

Season 3 was the best season of television of any show ever. Really.
As cold as it is, that might just be my least favorite season of the series. it goes 1, 2, 4=5, 3. it was all street, there wasn't analternative story line going on like in 2, 4, and 5. So to answer the OP question, you need to see them all to get the full experience, and its definitelyworth it.
pimp.gif

Do not be alarmed by Season 2. It is necessary for further plot development. Trust me.

damn season 2 gets no love

one of my favorites though, ziggy was that dude
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

Do yourself a favor and start with season one. It's the best show ever. Buy all the seasons.

Agreed. Warning though, I've tried to put some friends onto it but they didn't like it for whatever reason. I guess too many story lines going orwhatever. If you don't like it by the end of episode 3 of the first season, you probably won't like it at all. Just my opinion.

I've had shows I thought I liked in the past and that was until The Wire came along. It doesn't matter what type of show it is, it is nowhere near asgood as The Wire. I can't tell you how many times I've seen each episode so far. Like, I'm still going on indemand or my dvd box sets andwatching seasons over and over like it was brand new to me. Not trying to hype it up too much for you, but I can't even express great of a show this is.

Which show would y'all compare this to? I know y'all are probably gonna say "None compare to it, it's better than any other show.", butif you had to pick like one or two, what is it like?

Originally Posted by Kiss My Airs 33

The closest comparable show I can think of is the Sopranos....and they are worlds apart.

And I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about cuz Season 2 was straight IMO.

Oh it's def. good. Thats not what we're saying. It just seems out of place when you see all of season 1 in the city/streets and then season 2starts on the Docks. But it does have great meaning and value to the story. When I first watched the Wire (been watching since episode 1
pimp.gif
) I was confusedabout season 2 when it started but that 's not to take away from the season at all.

Originally Posted by jeyel

season 2 was trash, u can skip it to save time

Originally Posted by Olie28

Originally Posted by jeyel

season 2 was trash, u can skip it to save time

Are you kidding?
indifferent.gif

The last 3-4 episodes of season 2 were
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom