Raises during economic downturns - APPRECIATION

I feel blessed to have put myself in the position to do a good enough job to be rewarded with a raise. Not quite Hovkid, but enough to wet the palate formore. Effectively ~18%. I'll most likely up the 401k contribution and save the rest. Planning to move to NYC, but we shall see. A lot of variables.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I feel blessed to have put myself in the position to do a good enough job to be rewarded with a raise. Not quite Hovkid, but enough to wet the palate for more. Effectively ~18%. I'll most likely up the 401k contribution and save the rest. Planning to move to NYC, but we shall see. A lot of variables.

pimp.gif
Dude's name is synonymous with ballin
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But congrats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

man good job !!! im over due for a raise here where im at !!! but by the looks up thing i doubt they will b giving any out or doing any type of review for anyone considering they just laid off like 20 peps !!!! SMH aww well gratefull still have my job right .... good lookin though stay on yo grind

In any economic situation if you put your self in a good position your going to come out ahead being in college and making 25 dollars and hour ftw...hard workand $!+ kissing pays off can't wait to graduate and move on to bigger things though

I feel blessed to have put myself in the position to do a good enough job to be rewarded with a raise. Not quite Hovkid, but enough to wet the palate for more. Effectively ~18%. I'll most likely up the 401k contribution and save the rest. Planning to move to NYC, but we shall see. A lot of variables.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
congrats- pop one of these 2night-

180011_1.jpg

thanks for the props - it feels good to have SOME security.

for those who dont know, i work in accounting (non big 4).

Your lucky.

Accounting is not going to suffer much from the down turn infact they will probably increase business (Maybe I should invest in some)

Need accountants to keep cooking those books to make these companies look solvent.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Your lucky.

Accounting is not going to suffer much from the down turn infact they will probably increase business (Maybe I should invest in some)

Need accountants to keep cooking those books to make these companies look solvent.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Not my line of work......we've developed niches on Tax Credits.

I may be gettin' a raise myself. My pops is sellin' his business and the new owner wants to keep me. He's offering me more than I was alreadygettin'.
pimp.gif

im over due for a raise myself, its going to be a year tomorrow at my current job.

Yeah, I'm glad that the company prides itself on competitive compensation. Works for me.

Congrats man. I guess if I want decent pay and stability I'll stay with accounting but I'm really loving Economics.

^ Go with your passion, regardless of pay, it'll make getting up to go to work that much easier.

i could use a raise....i remember one time at my old job i get called into the office, im like damn im in trouble....manager is speaking to me hellaserious....telling me to sign this, next thing u know its the paper for my raise.

Congrats LazyJ! What are you now Manager or Staff 2?? How does the heirarchy work again at your firm?? Do you happen to work for RSM? Man accounting is whereit's at. I think I might drop my finance double major and just stay with accounting with a concentration in accountancy or tax because my school is tryingget their accredication back for the finance and accounting double major master program so I might stay away from the drama and just stay full accounting whatdo you think?

I was accounting AND finance major, so I wouldn't necessarily drop one in favor of another.

Our firm heirarchy is the following (note - I'd be up for Manager next promotion):

Year 1 - Staff (salary + OT)
Year 2 - Staff (salary + OT)
Year 3 - Senior (salary + bonus + trip (if eligible))
Year 4 - Senior (salary + bonus + trip (if eligible))
Year 5 - 7 Manager (Salary + bonus + trip (if eligible))
Year 8 - (or possibly early, depending on your skill set and client base) - Principal
Year 10 - Partner (really good money

No I'm not with RSM.

congrats homie

going to school for the same thing, but damn i can't seem to stop slacking

^ Go with your passion, regardless of pay, it'll make getting up to go to work that much easier.
I like accounting from a theoretical standpoint. I just don't know how this will translate into working in it. That's why I wanted aninternship.

How hard is accounting in school?
I'm doing business administraton but feel that everybody and their mom is doing it too and makes it feel too common in the workforce

Back
Top Bottom