August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

9EF68E1B-5208-4D7B-9514-281728DAB280.png

More I think about it Will won and he’s probably one of the few black men that have gotten anything close to a taste of white privilege.

That night is still surreal to me and to think he faced almost zero consequences and no repercussions. It’s like society in real time decided him having to go home with his wife was punishment enough.

It was just one slap

Had he slapped him multiple times or punched him multiple times, it would have been a different outcome.

Like when women slap someone once, no one really takes it seriously. It's seen more as a spectacle

I think there's a deep level of psychological trauma behind that slap. The fact that it happened with millions watching on television and that they watched him do nothing. As a man, I know that would mess with me if I just stood there and took it.

That and I guess it triggered his childhood bullies and ish. They make fun of our generation for being "weak willed/weak minded." It ain't a generational thing, it's a societal thing. Some men just don't know how to fight, and not even from a technical standpoint, they don't have the will (no pun intended) to do so.

Will Smith should have been arrested and led out of the Oscars in handcuffs.

The whole situation was terrible.

The fact that Smith went on to receive the Oscar and give a speech to cheers/applause was disgusting.

Chris Rock was physically assaulted in front of the whole world and nothing happened.

There isn't enough therapy or money to fix that.

The least Rock could have done is put Smith in a rear naked choke when he turned his back.

The slap was bad enough but turning your back on a man you just slapped is beyond disrespectful.

Rock had to have been in shock.

Lol, its Chris' own fault he made himself look like a *****... he had every right to put hands on Will, but honest he probably made tge best choice doing nothing, professionally. I wouldnt have gone out like that... I would have choked him out on stage until security pulled me off him, then told another, more disrepectful joke about Jada.

Honestly tho, Chris probably cant fight worth a **** anyone so taking the bigger man route was probably for the best, plus 2 black celebs fightin on stage there would be a bad look anyway.

If Chris puts him in a headlock lol after that happens, we have an entire different conversation. Sometimes you just gotta take the L.

Back
Top Bottom