Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

is it worth going back and watching the other planet of apes reboot movies to catch up to the new one?

is it worth going back and watching the other planet of apes reboot movies to catch up to the new one?
Even if you weren't going to see this one, they're worth it. One of the best trilogies of all time.

I've watched these movies with people that wouldn't consider themselves die hard movie fans or cinephiles and they're blown away by the end of the series. They're excellent, excellent movies

The 4th one is a worthy addition as well.

Absolutely loved the futuristic view they gave the world. How realistic, I don't know. But interesting for sure. Almost like the Earth was flourishing without humanity interfering.

I liked the new version and evolution of the Apes even tho it's nowhere close to the evolution of humans. (I'd be thrilled to see a version of Apes that created vehicles,, or built ships, or studied medicine, etc. True evolution of their species.)

I assume there will be a 5th, but not sure what the approach will be yet.

Solid 6.75/8

I struggle to rally interest for the Planet of the Apes movies and haven't seen any of them. And I think I'd probably like them it's just never an option when I decide to watch a movie

I struggle to rally interest for the Planet of the Apes movies and haven't seen any of them. And I think I'd probably like them it's just never an option when I decide to watch a movie
I enjoyed the original series of films and seen a couple of newer ones, but didn't watch the last couple

Watching the first one right now - one of my kids has been watching the old ones and wanted to watch these. It’s okay so far.

I haven’t watched any of the new gen Apes movies either. Not really sure why I haven’t been motivated to get to them. I guess I better get on it if there’s gonna be 9 of them. LOL.

Currently

First time:

IMG_4093.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom