Prices on eBay?

haven't been surfing on eBay more than a year.

was looking for some kicks and whats up with the super inflated prices? some general release kicks are like $ 20-30 over retail price? wtf

do you guys still shop on eBay? or sell on eBay for that matter because of the outrageous fees?

Guess i should visit NT buy/sell forums

Theres none left on the retail market. Limited supply and high demand leads to price increases. Why not raise it when you know people will pay?

Because eBay charges a ridiculous fee for sellers, plus an unnecessary PayPal fee on top of it.

haven't sold anything on eBay in like 2 years. Yes you should visit the buy/sell forums it's that type of season again on Niketalk :smokin

9% seller fees or so and the Paypal monopoly were turn offs....

I signed up for Ebay in 98 and from 98-02 there were some real steals on there.

AJ I Retros for $19

AJ XVI Gingers for $20

Flightposite I TB for $38

All good things must come to an end though.....

Theres none left on the retail market. Limited supply and high demand leads to price increases. Why not raise it when you know people will pay?
Not entirely true. Keep in mind, there are probably dozens of other auctions selling the exact same thing you're selling. It's harder to sell shoes on eBay because you have to compete with so many other auctions.

9% seller fees or so and the Paypal monopoly were turn offs....

I signed up for Ebay in 98 and from 98-02 there were some real steals on there.

AJ I Retros for $19

AJ XVI Gingers for $20

Flightposite I TB for $38

All good things must come to an end though.....

I got lucky getting steals for $60-$100 stuff going 3x more.

Impossible to find steals now. Everyone thinks they have gold. When it comes to car stuff it's still good. But only as a buyer.

Last edited:
I remember back in the day I was able to buy LBJ II's BNIB from a NT'er for $75. Now a days even the GR colorways can't even be had for a decent price.

Hard to get steals on eBay anymore. Back in the day there used to be this company called penniesonthedollar, were selling PEs for like $39 Shoeboxsavings is still on there, but they sell for more around MSRP now and not the steal prices.

Hard to get steals on eBay anymore. Back in the day there used to be this company called penniesonthedollar, were selling PEs for like $39 Shoeboxsavings is still on there, but they sell for more around MSRP now and not the steal prices.

Yeah that name sounds super familiar. Probably the person I bought a pair of Ray Allen Bucks AJ XV from for like $50. They had all the AJ XV player samples/exclusives and Flightposite PE as well. There was a flood of things on there.

When I see listing with ridiculous prices I usually send the seller a message with an amount that I am wiling to send to them directly thru paypal. I was recently able to get a pair of DS scoring title KD IV's for $195.

Last edited:
thats where people where the big dollars go to as well as flight club

some stuff that's priced ridiculously high won't sell, while other shoes will.

Never pay retail. No matter how hot a shoe is (with the exception of a select few), I refuse to pay anything close to retail for a pair of sneakers.

Yeah that name sounds super familiar. Probably the person I bought a pair of Ray Allen Bucks AJ XV from for like $50. They had all the AJ XV player samples/exclusives and Flightposite PE as well. There was a flood of things on there.

Just had a real flashback. Kept me placed through high school.

Shoe trends held it down too with their stores.

ebay like a pawn shop or garage sale with undereducated dealers.

Back
Top Bottom