Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Being a 2x platinum single & Peaking at 14 on Billboard Hot 100 says it’s bigger than a “regional” hit

Pretty much the reason C1 went platinum

Drop that song in any club it’s going up

You talking about sales, I clearly stated I’m not talking sales.

Which song is getting the crazier reaction?

The goal post moving on this Wayne thing is crazy, the criteria done shifted bout 7 times to make yo not have the biggest song :lol: :smh:

Not even. I clearly said it wasn’t about sales. It’s about what song is getting more people out of their seat.

Son tried to say Wipe Me Down ain’t a Boosie song, it is. No club or stadium playing the Foxx version.

A mili is prob bigger than white me down

Nobody getting up and dancing to that ****.

Wayne has enough commerical songs where he could do the SB

Lollipop
Amili
6 foot 7
Go DJ
No worries
Mrs Officer
Fireman
Drop the world
No love

He got plenty of songs to do a halftime show. Everyone of those songs is absolute garbage though.

Wayne = Super Bowl Halftime show Boosie =HBCU homecoming Halftime show

Boosie is at mad HBCUs every year, hence the whole topic of who has the more popular song amongst us.

In 2024, Wipe Me Down, shoot Set it off is getting more people “moving” than some Wayne records.

Wayne got crazy hits tho. He could really just tap into some hot boys era ****, spit some ad libs over BACK THAT *** UP, and be right there.

I don’t get that comparison :lol:. Two totally diff artist. But it’s cool to finally see NT (and the music industry in general) come around to Boosie. His catalog is crazy, and the bangers still hit. Plus he’s undeniably a personality now in the space we’re in.

In 2024, Wipe Me Down, shoot Set it off is getting more people “moving” than some Wayne records.

Wayne got crazy hits tho. He could really just tap into some hot boys era ****, spit some ad libs over BACK THAT *** UP, and be right there.

I don’t get that comparison :lol:. Two totally diff artist. But it’s cool to finally see NT (and the music industry in general) come around to Boosie. His catalog is crazy, and the bangers still hit. Plus he’s undeniably a personality now in the space we’re in.

Set It Off crazy as hell too, that **** gospel to a lot of cats.

The places I been recently, Project Chick, I Need a Hot Girl and Suck It or Not getting more love than Go DJ.

Set it off get a better reaction than wipe me down. And foxx first few bars get just as big a reaction as boosies. Set if off ***** go word for word the whole song. Wipe me down after spelling his name it die off.

You spelled “greatest club era” ever wrong 😂

Going from that to swag surf… sprinkle in some Crime Mob or Lil Jon to shut the party down early, what a time!!
Club/party wise 03-10 was elite, though once all that jerkin and **** came through on the back end of those years I started to feel like a grad student amongst freshmen and knew it was my time to go :lol:

Was genuinely curious about this and if it’s regional lol so I asked my homie who is a DJ based in LA and DJs everywhere he said at like HBCU events and **** like that wipe me down is big and it’s a cheat code at weddings but he’s probably played in 10X ever lol

The Wayne songs/features he mentioned that are probably bigger in the club would be Loyal (with CB), lollipop and Every girl in the world 🤷🏿‍♂️

Set it off get a better reaction than wipe me down. And foxx first few bars get just as big a reaction as boosies. Set if off ***** go word for word the whole song. Wipe me down after spelling his name it die off.
Always thought Foxx verse was harder than Boosie’s

Back
Top Bottom