The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Dial is really nice but I don’t get a quartz movement for 35k. Would rather buy the calatrava pilot time travel grey or used for that.

One thing I’ve never quite understood is why watchmakers don’t make/use a quartz movement beating at 4HZ like a mechanical watch.

I have a quartz Grand Seiko which uses two rapid beats each second in order to make the movement super crisp with no “rebound” as it clips each marker. And I believe Bulova has a quartz that beats at multiple hz. But why don’t other watchmakers make overpowered quartz that could sweep like GS spring drive? Is it just because the battery would need more frequent replacement?

I've been wearing a 5167/A the last few days, and while it's nice, i'm not sure it's even worth the 24k it costs, let a lone a quartz model.

I've been borrowing it from a friend who wants to sell it to me for 35k no B/P.

IMG_9015.JPG

a similar aquanaut travel time in rose gold with a mechanical movement cost ~$30k more

it is tecnically a "womens watch" where its thinner and smaller and the buyer will likely only see it as jewelry like cartier

a similar aquanaut travel time in rose gold with a mechanical movement cost ~$30k more

it is tecnically a "womens watch" where its thinner and smaller and the buyer will likely only see it as jewelry like cartier

Yeah I still think it will sell regardless, it's just how I personally feel. Some women would love to own it i'm sure, even the quartz AP is still hard to get.

One thing I’ve never quite understood is why watchmakers don’t make/use a quartz movement beating at 4HZ like a mechanical watch.

I have a quartz Grand Seiko which uses two rapid beats each second in order to make the movement super crisp with no “rebound” as it clips each marker. And I believe Bulova has a quartz that beats at multiple hz. But why don’t other watchmakers make overpowered quartz that could sweep like GS spring drive? Is it just because the battery would need more frequent replacement?

thats exactly it, battery life might be 6months and no ones going to be happy with that, people want a grab and go watch that lasts years and why the cartier tank solarbeat are so much more in demand than the regular tank must, everything is the same except for the movement, qurtz last 3 years while the solarbeat has a 16year battery lifetime

like the 55th anniv brich, one hi-beat and the other is spring drive, all is pretty much the except for the movement and the hi-beat is only 3days while the spring-drive is 5days pr

there are more elaborate quartz movement out there like fp journe elegante where i believe the watch stops when it sense no movement to save power but also remembers the actual time so once the watch is picked up again then it sets to the right time and starts moving again but thats a $15k watch and probably harder to get than a daytona

Yeah I still think it will sell regardless, it's just how I personally feel. Some women would love to own it i'm sure, even the quartz AP is still hard to get.

definitely going to sell for sure because its probably worth $50k once you walk out of the boutique :lol:

A new (to me) ref 168622.

I have dainty wrists (my daily is an OP34) but been wanting something a little sportier. Was hunting for the last year but most on eBay/chrono was pretty worn for the price I wanted to pay.

Cousin was able to scoop this up for me in Japan when he went a few weeks back.

Bracelet definitely feels a lot lighter than my 124200 but loving it so far. Think I’m pretty much set with the 2.

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 209
Back
Top Bottom