Best island in Hawaii to visit???

I plan on taking my girlfriend to Hawaii during February. We’re not as much into the night life and prefer more experiences during the day. What is the best island to go to?

Last edited:
Oahu or Honolulu if you want something touristy and commercial

Maui if you want something more rural to kick back and relax.

Maui my favorite :pimp:

Coming from a guy who was born and lived on Oahu, anything but Oahu lol. Crazy crowded. It’s commercial sure, but tourists eat that up :lol: Just better “Hawaiian experiences” on the other islands IMO.

Kauai or Maui I tell people if it’s their first time. Maui would be first I guess as it ain’t as country as Kauai.

Do not go to Kauai.

Well ... really depends what you wanna do, me and the boys went to Kauai a couple months ago for a wedding ... :smh:

Could only hike and drive around the island so much, nothing open past 830P.

No bars, nada.

Do not go to Kauai.

Well ... really depends what you wanna do, me and the boys went to Kauai a couple months ago for a wedding ... :smh:

Could only hike and drive around the island so much, nothing open past 830P.

No bars, nada.
It really depends on the type of vacation

Party and Touristy? Oahu
Nature? Kauai
Wanna see a live Volcano? Big Island
A little bit of it all? Maui
Really get away? Lanai
Got connections? Niihau

Yeah. I wish Hawaii had like a ferry system to go island to island.

Me and my boys all went without our wives and kids too, and ... I mean we couldn't find a restaurant open past 9PM ... my homegirls wedding ended at 10PM.

Beautiful island though, we pretty much did every hike and probably the best food was from Marks place and Poke was from Koloa fish market.

Did Maui like 6 years ago, LOVED IT...but yes everything was done for at 9pm don’t go to any island with the exception of Oahu expecting to party...even Oahu by my standards didn’t have much of a party nightlife, everything shuts down by 2am and from what I noticed is just touristy **** like Señor Frogs...i guess the local bars might be dope, but I wouldn’t venture into those areas...

It really depends on the type of vacation

Party and Touristy? Oahu
Nature? Kauai
Wanna see a live Volcano? Big Island
A little bit of it all? Maui
Really get away? Lanai
Got connections? Niihau

Like everyone said...it depends. My favorite was the Big Island. Oahu is like any other major city if you go there go to the north shore and the lagoons in kapolei though.

Yeah. I wish Hawaii had like a ferry system to go island to island.

Me and my boys all went without our wives and kids too, and ... I mean we couldn't find a restaurant open past 9PM ... my homegirls wedding ended at 10PM.

Beautiful island though, we pretty much did every hike and probably the best food was from Marks place and Poke was from Koloa fish market.
THEY DID

They attempted the Super Ferry a few years back, but the traffic from the boats and in the waters ended it :frown:

Did Maui like 6 years ago, LOVED IT...but yes everything was done for at 9pm don’t go to any island with the exception of Oahu expecting to party...even Oahu by my standards didn’t have much of a party nightlife, everything shuts down by 2am and from what I noticed is just touristy **** like Señor Frogs...i guess the local bars might be dope, but I wouldn’t venture into those areas...

Send him your site. It was good reference when I went a couple years ago.

Maui/Kauai if you want to visit the real parts of Hawaii (hikes, waterfalls and beaches).
Oahu if you want the amenities of the mainland while getting a bit of hikes, waterfalls, and beaches.
Arguably, food is great across all three island.

Although I didn't pick Kauai during my recent trip, I heard the hike into the Na Pali coast is an out of the world experience. I heard Kalalau Beach is that spot. I heard its best to visit for a honeymoon since everything closes so early.

Maui was pretty dope when I visited. I cant comment on Kauai, but Maui had some bomb beaches either it be Black Sand or the secluded Red Sand beach, nudity allowed and clarity in the water was like I was swimming in some sort of artesian water. I did a 5 day car camp trip when I last visited, travelling the entire coast line of the entire island, road to Hana, bamboo Forrest, camped the top of Haleakala, and hiked the dozen of waterfall trails.

Oahu is great also, like those who stated above, it is a bit more tourist, but if you go to the hikes that aren't as tourist, thats when it becomes Hawaii again. Look into Crouching Lion and Haiku Stairs, by far the top hikes to go on in Oahu. You can pass the pillboxes and Diamond Head, they aite.

I was in Oahu and Maui for 2 weeks last year and have been trying to find my way back permanently. Just the cost of living is so damn high.

I loved Maui. I want to go back and visit Honolulu as well.

Hopefully sometime in the near future.

If nightlife isn't that important to you the Maui or Kuai are the way to go.

Maui can give you a mix of everything and Kuai is super local.

Maui has a lot of activities for daytime. Me and my girl spent about a week and a half there and absolutely loved it.

Hiking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, SNUBA diving, biking down Haleakala, ziplining through the forrest, eating everything we could find. Even got my first tattoo in Kihei.

Next time I visit I wanna sky dive and take the Helicoptor tour.

Hmmm Kauai seems to be up our alley, but I’m still open ears
kauai is good. it's super mellow. crime rate is probably lower than the other islands. there are lots of hippies and wealthy white people. look into doing kayaks on the na pali coast.
big island has the widest range of scenery and in feb, you might catch snow on mauna kea - it's a nice view from up there. you can hike to a lava flow. take a boat tour to see lava flowing into the ocean. charter boats are big there with world class marlin fishing. i found this spot that you have to hike a few miles to. it's in the middle of nowhere and you climb down into a crack in an old lava flow and it opens up into an underground river. there's also a beach near there with tons of turtles.
maui is ok. even though i got married there, i like it least of all the islands but it's still nice. you can catch a ferry to lanai and check that small island out.

damn that super ferry :wow:

i dont even know if i'd want to go back to hawaii, two totally different experiences but id rather stick with mexico (cancun, riviera maya, etc etc)

So I’m getting a consensus between Maui and Kauai. It’s gonna be hard but now I gotta do some research

Do what Evers the cheapest brah. U gon spend a grip there unless you got auntie & uncle for da hook up

Back
Top Bottom