Cold Plunge | Ice Baths

Cold Plunges/Ice Baths shock the nervous system and raise the heart rate… ultimately increasing testosterone levels.

During each of my showers I put the water at the coldest temperature that I can take.

I benefit from the practice… and recommend it to others.

Yeah, I've ended all my showers with 30 seconds of really cold water after reading about that "trick" from some article that interviewed 100+ year old folks a long time ago.

Don't exactly remember when I started since it was so long ago, but I've been at my current job for over a decade now and I still haven't used a sick day from actually being sick.

Ive seen them for as low as $50 after some codes. Could also get a stainless steel trough from trsctor supply for about 100

word. getting a tub for water is the easy part. it's about maintaining it keeping it clean while also doing the math on savings vs buying/making ice and draining water after every few days. so best thing is to get some chiller, filter, ozone or uv to keep the water moving and clean with little to no maintenance.

Yea they got them at my gym so I'd just go to the gym. And they don't change the water but there was definitely some sort of uv lights in the bottom of the top and the water looks and smells very clean. For the home, I might consider a portable Sauna or sauna blanket though. I'd get use out of that definitely and I see some around $150 or so.

Yeah, this some Joe Rogan or Professional athlete stuff. Also, the social media influencers. I do wonder how a cold bathtub soak with a lot of ice would be after a long Bball session though.

Give it a shot, it has lots of benefits. just overcoming the "fear" and putting your mind and body in fight or flight mode is very powerful. Not EVERYONE can get into a cold plunge at 40 degrees. Challenging yourself is already an unlock/achievement.

Yea they got them at my gym so I'd just go to the gym. And they don't change the water but there was definitely some sort of uv lights in the bottom of the top and the water looks and smells very clean. For the home, I might consider a portable Sauna or sauna blanket though. I'd get use out of that definitely and I see some around $150 or so.

nice. keep us updated on how that goes...i'd be interested. thx

Give it a shot, it has lots of benefits. just overcoming the "fear" and putting your mind and body in fight or flight mode is very powerful. Not EVERYONE can get into a cold plunge at 40 degrees. Challenging yourself is already an unlock/achievement.
Andrew Huberman talks about how it makes part of your brain grow. Just generally doing anything you are afraid of and don't like, not just ice baths, and that same parts retracts once you stop making yourself uncomfortable. Gary Brecka is also big on both things, Thomas DeLauer too, all the same guys you'd expect. I'm sure Dave Osprey and David Goggins and the Jocko guy got videos about it too.

if y'all aren't taking cold showers, you are doing it wrong. cold exposure is essential.
might be hard to get in to cold showers at first so yall should try starting off in a warm shower and slowly decreasing the temperature.

frequent exposure to cold is linked to a number of different health benefits. For example, scientists have found evidence that exposure to cold speeds up metabolism. Another benefit of exposing your body to cold is that it reduces inflammation, swelling and sore muscles. Therefore, many athletes use ice baths and other types of exposure to cold as a means to speed up recovery after physical exercise. Furthermore, cold body therapy is also linked to improved quality of sleep, more focus,and even to an improved immune response.

☝🏾

Cold shower finish guy here. I thought about getting more of a plunge set up but have had second thoughts given the cost (too basic to cost that much) and uncertainty of long term benefits.

I’m all for stressing the body but I do wonder if too much stress is a net negative and actually ages your body. That said I’m looking to build a sauna in the backyard and think that would be better value for health and longevity. Can still hit a cold shower or cop a feeding trough and load that with ice during summer for occasional plunges/contrast therapy.

Last edited:
Looking for a home plunge setup. Anyone have any info or reviews, recommendations? Looking for something that will be used daily. As I plunge twice a day, two 20-minute sessions at the local facility.

This is what I have been researching so far and would like to know if any can direct me to unbiased reviews.

Chiller for home tub --- https://nuviorecovery.com/products/recovery-chiller-for-ice-baths

Portable Tub and Chiller -- https://www.eu4ric.com/products/ice-plunge-tub-with-cooler

Again, if there is a decent model out there, please feel free to add. If, I plunge at home I have to buy ice and don't want to make that a habit.

lynchpin33 lynchpin33

The eu4ric is nice and the price maybe the best for that combo. Check out revx wellness as they have a strong 1hp chiller + filter/sanitation in a separate box, and its a few hundred cheaper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom