Da 5 Bloods - A Spike Lee Film - June 12th On Netflix

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
da-5-bloods.jpg

The film's synopsis reads: “Four African American Vietnam veterans return to Vietnam. They are in search of the remains of their fallen squad leader and the promise of buried treasure. These heroes battle forces of humanity and nature while confronted by the lasting ravages of the immorality of the Vietnam War.”

Fun fact: a lot of American soldiers killed their squad leader during the Vietnam war. One common way was by pulling their grenade pin and blowing em up

Up until that ending. Oof.

The biggest issue is he should have showed the traitor getting shot again to give viewers satisfaction. Maybe show how pathetic that guys life was or something to really drive it home. Then go to the island for the happy reunion.

I liked it a lot. If I paid for it, I still would have felt it was money well spent.

I thought I would watch it throughout my work day and finish it up later. Especially since it's almost three hours, but I liked it so much I watched it almost at once.

Spike's been on a roll lately.

Serious, why doe?

a bit long but

a lot of officers in the military wanted recognition and wanted to die for their country pretty much. Considering how much respect went towards WW2 veterans, the new generation of officers wanted that same recognition. this caused a lot of them to make irrational decisions in the vietnam war which would've been a suicidal mission for them and their men.

the avg US soldier didnt care about the vietnam war. they believed it was a useless war that America had no business in fighting. so when they had these radical officers leading them into useless battles/missions, they would secretly kill them. a popular way was by blowing them up with a grenade and then lying saying that it was the enemy's grenade.

Thought ninjahood made this thread when initially skimming through general.

But all jokes aside. I want to watch this. Heard real good things about it.

I thought it was kinda funny that their friend just got blown up and they were like whatever just bury him. Even though half (or more depending on the character) of the reason they were there in the first place was to bring their other friend home.

Was all over the place but the message was deep...I felt this as a back combat veteran.

Back
Top Bottom