Do you guys think this logo makes album covers look better?

DMX-...And-Then-There-Was-X.jpg

My first explicit CD.

I had a Mickey Mouse radio/cd player and kept the volume on 2 when my parents were home.

never go to Wal-Mart that's all the have found out the hard way master p the last don :smh:
d25027h1xr3.jpg

yeah :rolleyes moms wasnt having it always taking me to walmart back in the day. I remember getting this one especially cuz the cover was dope with the moving hand AND it came with 2 cds

I remember always trying to sneak in cds from target with that PA sticker .. no go :frown:

Then finally I bought my own with my money one day we were in target (was like 6th or 7th grade)

View media item 1535130
:smokin it was a wrap after that, nothin but target, circuit city, etc

About 2 years later came Kazaa, and it was a wrap

View media item 1535143

I bought Stankonia edited and was mad when I got home, when I said it my mom was like "good, you don't need the cuss words anyway". Mind you, at this time my moms use to cuss up a storm :lol: What's also funny is on the Stankonia album there are parts on some songs that went unedited that I used to catch with the :wow: face

I remember when pops purchased me blueprint and Marshall Matters was like dude came thru for me until I played it. Dude went to Walmart.....took the L and bump it until I could get to the store myself.

yeah :rolleyes moms wasnt having it always taking me to walmart back in the day. I remember getting this one especially cuz the cover was dope with the moving hand AND it came with 2 cds

I remember always trying to sneak in cds from target with that PA sticker .. no go :frown:

Then finally I bought my own with my money one day we were in target (was like 6th or 7th grade)

View media item 1535130
:smokin it was a wrap after that, nothin but target, circuit city, etc

About 2 years later came Kazaa, and it was a wrap

View media item 1535143
LMAO! @ Drama! What ever happen t that guy? He was a fake Pastor Troy LOL

I don't know why, but I've always thought this logo made album covers look better..lol. Call me weird, but it looks cool and ads more edge to it.. What you guys think?
View media item 1049002

I remember badboy albums specifically had a sticker over da CD casing VS printed on da sleeve..i would put em on my trapper keeper.

I remember my first cd my uncle went and bought me 400 Degreez for my kindergarten graduation...great cd still play it heavily.

Last edited:
I feel like the graphic/lettering was designed in a way to tap into our subconscious...just put something in a young person's mind to want something...the logo itself is gritty, bold large lettering, monochromatic background...it just appeals man

I didn't have this cd, don't think anyone did, but I remember this preview album cover inside the silkk the shocker charge it to the game album case. This was great as a young boy. :pimp: :lol:

MI0002514246.jpg

I remember badboy albums specifically had a sticker over da CD casing VS printed on da sleeve..i would put em on my trapper keeper.
Am I the only one that would peel the sticker off and put it on the case or on the booklet? Lmao

I know that feel broseph! I copped the MM LP at Wal-Mart listened to it, next day spoke to my friend at school, dude talking about "yo, you heard the Kim track?" I was like what track is that? The clean version had Kim removed and replaced with a track called "the kids" :smh: never bought CDs from Walmart again.
LMFAO

I bought Stankonia edited and was mad when I got home, when I said it my mom was like "good, you don't need the cuss words anyway". Mind you, at this time my moms use to cuss up a storm :lol: What's also funny is on the Stankonia album there are parts on some songs that went unedited that I used to catch with the :wow: face

I’m in Spain right now and the low key inappropriate music is kind of funny. I guess it’s not as shocking when the lyrics are fast and in another language - but last night the kids magician in the resort was playing OutKast as his background music.

Back
Top Bottom