Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

You are not clearly seeing how they use the word "information" instead of "evidence." In the Press Briefing on the report, Pamila Patten stressed that the mission and report were not “investigative” in nature, and that the purpose was to gather and verify “information” not “evidence” which she made pains to clarify were completely different.
This is a lazy play on words though. "Information to verify statements" = evidence. The report doesn't make that much difference between the two words; instead, it establishes that the goal of the visit is not to use the uncovered information to attribute sexual violence to a warring party (Hamas, IDF, or any of the smaller groups that operate in the region).

With that said, the report makes multiple statements about the credibility of the allegations of sexual violence on Oct 7th, just like it discounts a number of allegations on the same day. It's a moot point to argue about whether SA by Hamas fighters was systematic or not, especially if the argument is "we didn't rape anyone; we just shot them."

Lol

IMG_8073.jpeg
IMG_8072.jpeg

But the ADL, under the leadership of Greenblatt, is insisting on conflating anti-Zionism and antisemitism, and it has made this conflation central to the ADL’s work. This has not only muddied the waters of its own antisemitism research, it has also undermined the safety, security, and pluralism of American Jews.

For example, the ADL reportedly mapped protests for a cease-fire led by the Jewish groups Jewish Voice for Peace and IfNotNow as antisemitic incidents. The ADL also, in its report on antisemitism this year, updated its methodology to include certain anti-Israel incidents in its calculation of how much antisemitism had risen. This not only makes it more difficult to see what the actual year-over-year change in antisemitic incidents was—of course an increase will seem more dramatic if you are now counting incidents that you weren’t before—but it also arguably undermines the rest of the ADL’s reporting on antisemitism. If the group tracking antisemitism considers pro-Palestinian speech or differences in foreign policy preferences to be motivated by antisemitism, how seriously will those who disagree with the ADL on foreign policy take its calls to tackle antisemitism?

Sorry man

After October 7. I just won’t believe random western reports of “rape” by a country we don’t like.

“Oh look. Iran is nuts. They rape. They are militants” not saying it’s not possible but October 7 opened my eyes. When Biden himself lied about beheaded babies, what do you think the media will do?

Edit; just clicked on her profile. Lol. “Persian” is all I needed to see. Retweeting ADL stuff? Pushing anti Iran talking points that every right wing nut says in congress? lol. Ok. I see you’re trolling or ignorant.

Meanwhile in America:

Show me some sweet, sweet photos and vids of the idiots at Columbia being hauled outta Hamilton... nothing better than 18-20 yos who think they have all the answers completely ruining any possibility for public support for their cause.

I wonder if Hatem Bazian will cover their bail and legal fees with all that money he gets from Hamas and Hezbollah, tho 🤔

Sorry man

After October 7. I just won’t believe random western reports of “rape” by a country we don’t like.

“Oh look. Iran is nuts. They rape. They are militants” not saying it’s not possible but October 7 opened my eyes. When Biden himself lied about beheaded babies, what do you think the media will do?

Edit; just clicked on her profile. Lol. “Persian” is all I needed to see. Retweeting ADL stuff? Pushing anti Iran talking points that every right wing nut says in congress? lol. Ok. I see you’re trolling or ignorant.

Meanwhile in America:

Since you don't believe the "western media," why don't you crack open a copy of Persepolis?

Yeah, because at this point nobody knows what the Columbia students protesting for Palestine could possibly be protesting.

Love the disingenuousness.
Hmmm. Wonder why they don’t know.

Hmmm I wonder why??

Let’s ask CNN to interview them

Oh wait. They won’t.

Close the thread guys, this guy found it! The key that shows that Netanyahu MUST control the US and the NYPD because of a visit to NYPD HQ in July 2023!

Seriously, why don't you just show us your chart that shows how Jews *must* control the world and we're all too blind to see it. I mean, the plan to crack down on these student protests was laid out last summer in preparation for this spring... it was all there for us to see it if we just opened our eyes! They knew ahead of time about Oct. 7. In fact, if you read the right people online you'd KNOW Oct. 7 was really a CIA/IDF false flag attack!
/s

I gotta say, I just love how the conspiracy theorist Bernie crowd from 2016 traded all their cute little rose emojis for watermelons after Oct 7. The Venn diagram of the DSA and anti-Israeli left is a perfect ****ing circle. They should all just apply for membership in the PFLP to tick all their boxes. Then they can rock their old Guy Fawkes masks with their keffiyehs and have anti-capitalist, pro Hamas meet-ups. Maybe bust up a Starbucks or two for some fun. They must have some shops in Israel, so they need to be boycotted, anyway, right?

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Close the thread guys, this guy found it! The key that shows that Netanyahu MUST control the US and the NYPD because of a visit to NYPD HQ in July 2023!

Seriously, why don't you just show us your chart that shows how Jews *must* control the world and we're all too blind to see it. I mean, the plan to crack down on these student protests was laid out last summer in preparation for this spring... it was all there for us to see it if we just opened our eyes! They knew ahead of time about Oct. 7. In fact, if you read the right people online you'd KNOW Oct. 7 was really a CIA/IDF false flag attack!
/s

I gotta say, I just love how the conspiracy theorist Bernie crowd from 2016 traded all their cute little rose emojis for watermelons after Oct 7. The Venn diagram of the DSA and anti-Israeli left is a perfect ****ing circle. They should all just apply for membership in the PFLP to tick all their boxes. Then they can rock their old Guy Fawkes masks with their keffiyehs and have anti-capitalist, pro Hamas meet-ups. Maybe bust up a Starbucks or two for some fun. They must have some shops in Israel, so they need to be boycotted, anyway, right?
IMG_4432.gif

Don't get me wrong, I despise Netanyahu. That ****er should have been in a jail cell long before Oct. 7. Maybe if he was Israeli security forces would've been positioned to deal with the Hamas terrorists. Hopefully he finds himself behind bars soon based on the plethora of domestic laws he's broken. The fact he's able to cling to power with a mish-mosh coalition of hard-right groups is infuriating and has stunted Israel for 15 years now.

But this apologia for Hamas I've seen for the last six months from the far left is pathetic. I'm pretty left wing myself and have no dog in this fight as I'm an agnostic lapse-Catholic, and I've always, always been a supportive of both the existence of Israel AND the greater rights and freedoms for Palestinians and against the apartheid they've faced from Likud and the Israeli right. But the Palestinians have had decades to show some agency for themselves and put into place leadership that would work for them with Israeli and other Arab governments. They chose Hamas and they have never done enough to extricate themselves from Hamas rule.

So if you want terrorists to run your state, and don't step up to remove them as they build a terrorist infrastructure throughout your most populated areas, and the terrorists then attack the more well-equipped neighbor, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the collateral damage that will follow when that neighbor unloads on them in response.

As for the protests in the US (regardless of my disagreement with their goals of BDS and the elimination of the Israeli state), I'm all for protests. But when you start busting **** up and breaking into buildings you're immediately going to lose support from the people you need for your cause. Hate left liberals and centrists all you want, but you're not getting anything done without them. And even FIRE is telling these kids (and the faculty and staff who are with them) that they need to understand what the consequences may be if they violate school policies or local laws. The kids can't whine about being suspended/expelled/arrested if they violate the rules or break laws. Taking the punishment is part of the process. Wear it as a badge of pride, don't complain about it.

You're not being persecuted. You're not being silenced. Actions have consequences.

So if you want terrorists to run your state, and don't step up to remove them as they build a terrorist infrastructure throughout your most populated areas, and the terrorists then attack the more well-equipped neighbor, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the collateral damage that will follow when that neighbor unloads on them in response.

While I do agree with the overall gist of your post, I think using terrorist to qualify Hamas weakens the reality that they are the government of Gaza, with a well defined political and military structure. As such, I don't think they don't have the right to build up their defense infrastructure.

However, as the government of Gaza, which fought and pushed Fatah out of the strip, they should've expected to be treated as any hostile invading force would have after Oct 7th, especially when you consider that Israel has been under constant rocket attacks from Gaza. Furthermore, the history of Israeli disproportional response should've been a factor in their assessment of the blowback. Because I don't think their leadership is stupid, I'm of the opinion that they factored the destruction by the IDF into their plan. It's very cynical and just as cold-blooded as Israeli politicians using the excuse of self-defense to flatten the whole strip and settle more land in the WB, and it's naive (or disingenuous) to pretend otherwise. It is also naive to pretend that Hamas accepting money and weapons from Iran has less significance on the future direction of their movement (if they continue to exist) than the 2017 reform of their charter.

People should realize that there are countries that have gone from hostile neighbors to federations to unified nation-states in the 75 years Palestinians have been fighting to return. In addition to bringing light to the IDF war crimes, there is an urgent need to question the leaders of Gaza, and none of that seems to happen within the pro-Palestinian crowd.

Back
Top Bottom