**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I wanted DeRozan like 6 years ago. Makes perfect sense we might get him around 2027 or so. Get his miles up first. :smh:

Mitchell would be the best possible piece to add, but Trae/Bronny/JJ should make for a lotta mental gymnastics in here. I'm pumped.

Mitchell would be the best possible piece to add, but Trae/Bronny/JJ should make for a lotta mental gymnastics in here. I'm pumped.

I'm team no to all of these things. With the exception of Bronny at any pick after 40.
Even with Mitchell and Trae moving to 3rd best player if either came over. The cost is too big. There's too many good West teams to think that you can just outgun them. Especially when the NBA has definitively said they will punish anybody trying to go the 3 star route in the CBA.

Post LeBron star is all crap too. If the Lakers have cap space when LeBron is out, they'll always be in the hunt to some extent.

I'm team no to all of these things. With the exception of Bronny at any pick after 40.
Even with Mitchell and Trae moving to 3rd best player if either came over. The cost is too big. There's too many good West teams to think that you can just outgun them. Especially when the NBA has definitively said they will punish anybody trying to go the 3 star route in the CBA.

Post LeBron star is all crap too. If the Lakers have cap space when LeBron is out, they'll always be in the hunt to some extent.

I won't "hate" Mitchell, he's at least good. Depending on cost of course.

But I'm not on board with trading more picks when Bron will be like 48 and getting another pay raise from us that everyone defends. "Ya gotta do it, it's Bron".

Jeanie loves you guys. :lol:

But I'm not on board with trading more picks when Bron will be like 48 and getting another pay raise from us that everyone defends. "Ya gotta do it, it's Bron".

Welp it's her team and she is going to do what she wants....

Complaining on NT isn't gonna change that.

kanye-shrug.gif

I think player wise, every conversation starts with AR. There is no manner at which AR isn't gone in a Third Star pursuit. Even if DLo opts in.

Then you have to pick either (Rui & JHS or Gabe & Vando) to make the salaries match. Lakers won't want to have more than a negligible salary increase.

And 2 of the 3 firsts.

That's the starting point.

Last edited:
Mitchell is the perfect guy for the post Bron era and to pair with AD, I'm more than fine going in for him, he's a proven playoff performer as well.

And with the turmoil in Cleveland from Shams, may luck up and keep an asset to use elsewhere.

If Lakers hire JJ, all I gotta say is he better start a 2-Big lineup and use multiple 2-Big lineups at least 70% of the game otherwise we'll experience the exact same thing we experienced the last 2-3 years with this roster, Mitchell or no Mitchell

If Lakers hire JJ, all I gotta say is he better start a 2-Big lineup and use multiple 2-Big lineups at least 70% of the game otherwise we'll experience the exact same thing we experienced the last 2-3 years with this roster, Mitchell or no Mitchell

How is the two-big model working out for MIN?

And how is Denver winning the series with one big in their rotation?

Does Dallas have two bigs?

How is the two-big model working out for MIN?

And how is Denver winning the series with one big in their rotation?

Does Dallas have two bigs?
AG the PF is a Big who plays in the paint and can stretch the floor. He handled Bron and Rui and is now winning his matchup against KAT. The guy is ballin out giving glimpses of Philly Barkley. Playoff Gordon.

MPJ is a stretch Big who boards. 6’10” long range shooter who averages 10 boards per game against the Lakers his last like 15 games against them and well over 8 per game for his career

Jokic is a Big

That’s 3 Denver Bigs playing better than Minnesota’s 3 Bigs

Dallas, who will beat OKC, has 3-4 solid rotational bigs in Gafford, Lively, Kleber, and small ball big PJ Washington

OKC only got one big - Chet -and is why they will lose the series No Matter if SGA averaged 40.

Bigs

Bigs

Bigs

Bigs

Are what we need to compete with the best. For the millionth time.

Last edited:
A. You don't find it just a wee bit coincidental that dude seemingly out of the blue does a podcast with JJ highlighting his knowledge of the game not even a couple of months ago and now that same dude is apparently the front runner for the head coaching job of the Lakers?

B. He's been good with me since the bubble title although I think his era as a Laker needs to end sooner rather than later.
I get the optics of Bron/JJ and the podcast, but I still look at management as the ones making the hire. Even if I were to assume that Lebron is trying to strong arm them, (which would be an assumption, based on absolutely nothing,) I still look at it as they're the ones in control.

And I could have swore I'd seen you say some sideways stuff about wanting Bron gone, even after 2020. 👀 Nah?

Back
Top Bottom