Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

I feel like nobody in here has ever seen a body shot knockout to the liver? In every case going down doesn't happen instantly sometimes it takes a few seconds for the body's reaction. A lot of boxers have said they felt good after taking one and then 3 seconds later your body shuts down

I dont mess with Joe Rogan other than his UFC commentary but he explains it

Eh no one said anything about the delayed reaction at all. That’s completely normal.

What was a little bit unusual was the obvious communication between Ryan and his corner during the count, and the fact that he seemingly waited for the count, and then immediately got up without any problem at all the very second after the count was complete.

im not really sure what else needs to be said?

that he talked to his corner and he said he cant continue? this happens, i dont think its like he got a sign and said "this is where we agreed you go down"

yes he waited for the 10 count because he doesnt want to continue and he was still shook and probably avoided a much more damaging ko

a competitor who doesnt want to look weak and to continue his boxing career isnt simply going to admit that

i just dont see the conspiracy there

dude got hurt and didnt/couldnt continue

im not really sure what else needs to be said?

that he talked to his corner and he said he cant continue? this happens, i dont think its like he got a sign and said "this is where we agreed you go down"

yes he waited for the 10 count because he doesnt want to continue and he was still shook and probably avoided a much more damaging ko

a competitor who doesnt want to look weak and to continue his boxing career isnt simply going to admit that

i just dont see the conspiracy there

dude got hurt and didnt/couldnt continue

No one said there’s a conspiracy. :lol:

And nothing needs to be said if someone don’t have anything to say, but obviously some people do.

It was said that Ryan quit. I said it’s easy for me to see how someone could form that opinion

Ready your second paragraph again. That’s not what I expect out of a championship fighter given the context.

I find the observations particularly interesting having followed and supported Ryan for years, while always wondering and/or questioning for multiple reasons if he’s one of the elite mental guys in the sport.

you sound like you do want there to be more to it than just dude giving up with looking at his corner like fighters never do that

i mean maybe that answered your question whether he is elite or not?

:rofl:

funny you try to clown me writing a "paragraph" yet you do the same

again, i honestly am curious at what other answers you want?

you're saying dude is a championship fighter so he shouldnt give up? maybe he is not?

but whats next, clown and anticipate im gon put emojis in my next reply?

you sound like you do want there to be more to it than just dude giving up with looking at his corner like fighters never do that

i mean maybe that answered your question whether he is elite or not?

funny you try to clown me writing a "paragraph" yet you do the same

again, i honestly am curious at what other answers you want?

you're saying dude is a championship fighter so he shouldnt give up? maybe he is not?

but whats next, clown and anticipate im gon put emojis in my next reply?

My dude are you drunk right now? :lol:

anyword on why bho and oscar left garcia hanging like that at the end of the fight? with all the bad blood rumored with floyd and tank he even showed up for him

Eh no one said anything about the delayed reaction at all. That’s completely normal.

What was a little bit unusual was the obvious communication between Ryan and his corner during the count, and the fact that he seemingly waited for the count, and then immediately got up without any problem at all the very second after the count was complete.

EXACTLY!

bro waited for the count to hit 10 and got up normally and walked to the corner is disappointment... HE QUIT! NO MAS! NO MAS!

Maybe he is able to beat the count, but he wasn't good. Watch the replay, he's wincing in pain even after the count, and blood is flowing out of his nose. He knew he was going to be brutally KO'ed if he continued.

Garcia definitely quit. I guess everyone has their own opinion of what quitting is and that's ok. He made a conscious decision NOT to continue when he COULD'VE even though he was hurt. To me, that's quitting. Marcus Browne quit vs beterbiev. What Garcia did was the same **** and Beterbiev put way more of a beating on browne than tank put on Garcia. But it is what it is, on to the next fight.

I feel like nobody in here has ever seen a body shot knockout to the liver? In every case going down doesn't happen instantly sometimes it takes a few seconds for the body's reaction. A lot of boxers have said they felt good after taking one and then 3 seconds later your body shuts down

I dont mess with Joe Rogan other than his UFC commentary but he explains it

I commented on this early on.

Liver shots are a delayed reaction, and they are NOT easy to simply recover from.

I’ve been grazed by a decent liver shot a time or two in training, and both times (because I’m simply sparring), I took a few steps back, grabbed my side and had to recover my breath. It’s a very weird pain, but man it’s not something someone can just wince off and continue fighting, especially if it lands just right without you bracing and at an elite level.

Garcia definitely quit. I guess everyone has their own opinion of what quitting is and that's ok. He made a conscious decision NOT to continue when he COULD'VE even though he was hurt. To me, that's quitting. Marcus Browne quit vs beterbiev. What Garcia did was the same **** and Beterbiev put way more of a beating on browne than tank put on Garcia. But it is what it is, on to the next fight.
Did you ever train / fight? Have you ever felt a really solid liver shot land on you when you weren’t bracing for it?

Srs question.

Did you ever train / fight? Have you ever felt a really solid liver shot land on you when you weren’t bracing for it?

Srs question.

Nope. Theres no reason to go into the "you don't know boxing because you've never boxed before" rebuttals. Ive been through enough of those over the years with some of the dudes i know who HAVE boxed before but still don't understand the sport on a level that people who haven't.

It seems like you aren't really understanding what me and others who feel he quit are saying. You have to realize that no one in here is denying that he was hurt, which is what you keep saying he was and you were over and over and over and over. I simply said he CLEARLY made a conscious decision NOT to continue. I thought this was obvious because he go up IMMEDIATELY after he TOOK the count and walked back to his corner like he was fine.

So ill ask you these questions. do you believe he made a CONSCIOUS decision NOT to continue even though he could have? Also, did you make a CONSCIOUS decision NOT to continue when you got hit with the liver shot you say you got hit with in training? Or were you actually too hurt to continue? Meaning you COULDNT actually GET OFF a knee and walk away IMMEDIATELY after getting counted out like Garcia did? Srs question.

Some fighters/people in the world are simply gamer than others in sports and in life in general.

Keith Thurman is clearly soft to the body and doesn't take them well. Hes been hurt to the body multiple times in multiple fights. He could've quit in the Collazo fight but didn't. Golovkin was clearly hurt to the body in the dereynchenko fight. Didnt quit. Oscar vs Bhop. Oscar CLEARLY couldn't continue if he wanted to. Deontay wilder vs Tyson fury 2 and 3 clearly showed youd need to kill wilder in the ring for him not to continue. The fact that Garcia clearly quitting is even debatable is insane to me🤷‍♂️

thanks Preciate it.

I personally don’t think all the extra hoopla was needed when EVERY person involved with martial arts I’ve read or heard from on this fight or topic is having to currently attempt to explain what liver shots do or feel like to those who have never experienced one.

I’m not here to convince YOU specifically, my prior posts regarding my experience were explaining to the thread and giving another perspective from someone who has personally felt a legit liver shot in training, given it wasn’t from a professional boxer with a punch so strong it pushed me to the side a step or two.

Believe what you will, there’s obviously no changing your mind on this. When I got hit the way I did in training, to the liver, I was standing but could not continue with sparring for a few solid seconds. I didn’t “choose not to”, my body physically could not. It’s not about “quitting” or “giving up”. It’s about our bodies limitations.

Your mindset sounds similar to saying someone in an arm bar who taps out is “giving up”. It’s easy to say from the outside, but if you’ve never experienced your arm literally breaking at the elbow going a way it simply isn’t SUPPOSED to bend, I’d pay $ to see you sit and “not give up” up until right before the breaking point, at any level of competition.

thanks Preciate it.

I personally don’t think all the extra hoopla was needed when EVERY person involved with martial arts I’ve read or heard from on this fight or topic is having to currently attempt to explain what liver shots do or feel like to those who have never experienced one.

I’m not here to convince YOU specifically, my prior posts regarding my experience were explaining to the thread and giving another perspective from someone who has personally felt a legit liver shot in training, given it wasn’t from a professional boxer with a punch so strong it pushed me to the side a step or two.

Believe what you will, there’s obviously no changing your mind on this. When I got hit the way I did in training, to the liver, I was standing but could not continue with sparring for a few solid seconds. I didn’t “choose not to”, my body physically could not. It’s not about “quitting” or “giving up”. It’s about our bodies limitations.

Your mindset sounds similar to saying someone in an arm bar who taps out is “giving up”. It’s easy to say from the outside, but if you’ve never experienced your arm literally breaking at the elbow going a way it simply isn’t SUPPOSED to bend, I’d pay $ to see you sit and “not give up” up until right before the breaking point, at any level of competition.

Ahhhhhh now it all makes sense lmao. You keep dancing around the questions I asked and talking about some **** I never asked you about exposing yourself to be a quitter just like Ryan Garcia and multiple other fighters past and present are. You admitted you QUIT while still on your feet which is even worse than what Ryan Garcia did lmao. Like I said bro, everyone has their definition of what quitting is, what game is, what heart is, etc. You think its ok to quit and thats ok. Victor Ortiz has quit MULTIPLE times in his career with the first one being vs maidana where he said "i don't feel like I should be getting beat up like this". You see nothing wrong or weird about that because that's the same thing that went through your mind when you quit in sparring when you could've continued. But in your opinion, STOPPING on two feet isn't quitting. Your body simply said to your brain that it couldn't continue even though you were still on both feet lmao. This **** is weird as ****.

The thing is Tank even said that he thought Ryan was gonna get up from that. To me that means he knows he didn’t deliver a shot that put him “out of commission.” He should know better than anyone watching where he hit him and how hard.

When I got hit the way I did in training, to the liver, I was standing but could not continue with sparring for a few solid seconds. I didn’t “choose not to”, my body physically could not. It’s not about “quitting” or “giving up”. It’s about our bodies limitations.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...6R41MEWMX1IHE/DEREVYANCHENKO.gif?format=1000w

Did you get hurt worse than this? Don't forget this was in round 5 of a 12 rounder that went the distance. This is an older man with wayyyyyyy more wear and tear than you have. But I guess his body told him that he COULD continue while yours told you that you couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom