OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

same bruins from the last couple years....zero killer instinct. and the lineup changes....good ****ing lord, Monty. you back on the booze? cmon :smh:

better close it out thursday cause a game 7 would not go the way we want it to :lol:

I obviously don’t know **** about hockey…how do you watch that replay on the Pietrangello elbow and downgrade it from a 5 minute to 2 minute penalty? If anything, it looked more like a game misconduct.

I obviously don’t know **** about hockey…how do you watch that replay on the Pietrangello elbow and downgrade it from a 5 minute to 2 minute penalty? If anything, it looked more like a game misconduct.

i have this on in the background with the celtics game on so only half saw it but it looked like a punch/backhand rather than elbow. elbow would have absolutely been 5 minutes (and maybe 5 and 10). but i think a rough makes sense since it seemed more like half punch

You always call the higher penalty when it’s borderline so you can review it. It’s the conservative approach.

Well he’s got a history of pretty clear intent to injure plays after he got away with that one last year in the playoffs. Only reason the elbow didn’t connect is because Seguin bent away, seems pretty clear on the replay that’s what he was going for.

So we’ll see if he gets a call from the league tomorrow.

If I’m the Stars, I’m going at him a lot to keep drawing him offsides (brace yourselves boys). He’s developed a lot shorter temper the past few years than I remember him having early on.

Time to move on to the Mavs and see if we can sweep the night in Game 5s!

Its really a toss-up of which city disgusts me more. Boston or Edmonton.

I'd pack my own lunches to avoid contributing to their economies.

Yeah Edmonton is on my **** list. I got a bunch of friends in Calgary and apparently the sentiment is mutual over there too.

I don’t like to blame the refs. But some of those penalties were absolute trash. Granted the Kings power play was absolute *** this series, Edmonton is the better team to where they would’ve had to play a perfect game to beat them to begin with. All that said, hopefully Rob Blake is fired by the end of the weekend. They haven’t shown any type of improvement or ability to take the next step ever since their initial surprise playoff trip in 2022 where they took Edmonton to 7.

I low key wish the NHL was like the NBA at times to where McDavid could realize being in a small market like Edmomton is bad for his brand and that forcing a trade to LA would be the best move for his career :lol:

What’s he suffering from?

gotta be back or groin. saw the last shift he had in game 4 and he could barely move (which actually led to a goal indirectly). we won't know for sure until after the season though

it's definitely not an illness that's keeping him out

gotta be back or groin. saw the last shift he had in game 4 and he could barely move (which actually led to a goal indirectly). we won't know for sure until after the season though

it's definitely not an illness that's keeping him out

I really hate how they hide injuries like crazy on the injury report. I get why but compared to basketball or football it’s like so different.

Back
Top Bottom